Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJay View Post

Would this have been that IC4A or NCAA meet? From the Runner's World book "Guide to Distance Running), 1971. Caption reads "Art Dulong, Frank Shorter, and Steve Stageberg hang to the left of the group before splashing through an instant stream at Van Cortlandt Park in New York City".

I remember that picture...that is the IC4As from 1968.

Comment

This is 1968 NCAAs at Van Cortlandt...leading l-r Gerry Hinton, Shorter, Grant Colehour, 205?, Art Dulong...

Comment

That picture is also in that book I have.

Comment

Like Igloi and Tabori, Benedek left Hungary in 1956 after the uprising. His approach was somewhat typical of the authoritarian model common in Eastern Europe at the time.

Comment

The different photos are the rainy '68 IC4A (NYU's George Wisniewski is photo left in pack nearest Stageberg; Manhattan's Brian Kivlan is photo far right ; and the '68 NCAA (#205 is Charlie Shrader of Maryland).

Comment

Originally posted by dj View Post
              The different photos are the rainy '68 IC4A (NYU's George Wisniewski is photo left in pack nearest Stageberg; Manhattan's Brian Kivlan is photo far right ; and the '68 NCAA (#205 is Charlie Shrader of Maryland).
              Thanks. I was wondering to myself if that was Kivlan who I met when he was a bit older and less looking like he does in this photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                This is 1968 NCAAs at Van Cortlandt...leading l-r Gerry Hinton, Shorter, Grant Colehour, 205?, Art Dulong...

Art Dulong, who placed third, learned at almost the last minute that he could participate in the race and did not have time to return home to retrieve his running gear. He is wearing a t-shirt with the name of his dormitory.

Comment

Working...
                X