Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    A joke, tandfman.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post

Edwin Moses (for those of you who have never heard of him)
    Do you really think there are people who visit this Historical message board who've never heard of Edwin Moses?
    That would surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Duh
    Harry to Harrg 🤔🤔

And now
    Harrg to arrg ☚ī¸â˜šī¸

And now a kick in teeth with the actual answer
    Potter to Porter

Can I claim a double case of fat finger itis as the reason for not getting the right answer?
    Says Pinocchio

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Harry Porter was born in Connecticut 139 years ago today. Very well done, LopenUupunut.

Porter won the high jump at the 1908 London Olympic Games. He cleared 1.905 (6' 2 3/4") to set an Olympic record. A graduate of Cornell University in New York, Porter died in Connecticut in 1965,

Thank you, LopenUupunut, Tuariki, and noone.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    Harry Porter.

Leave a comment:

• noone
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Harrg Potter?? 😂😂😂
    I was about to say that!

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    You're not too far off, Tuariki.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Harrg Potter?? 😂😂😂

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Happy 66th birthday today to Edwin Moses. Way to go, noone.

Edwin Moses (for those of you who have never heard of him) won two Olympic gold medals in the 400 hurdles. He won at the 1976 Montreal Olympics (47.63 - world record) and he won in Los Angeles at the 1984 Olympics (47.75). Moses was only 20 years old in Montreal. Some say Edwin was "lucky" that John Akii-Bua (Uganda) wasn't in Montreal because of the African boycott, but I say John Akii-Bua was "lucky" he didn't have to run against Edwin Moses.

Would Moses have won in Moscow (1980)? I say "yes". He won our 1980 Olympic Trials in 47.90 and Volker Beck (DDR) ran 48.70 to win the Moscow Olympic gold medal. At the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games, Moses ran 47.56 which was his fastest time at the Olympic Games, however it was good for the bronze medal. Andre Phillips set an Olympic record of 47.19 for the gold and Amadou Dia Ba (Senegal) got the silver medal with his 47.23. Edwin was 33 years old in Seoul.

Moses, a graduate of Morehouse College, lives today in Atlanta, Georgia and still follows track and field very closely.

Thank you, noone.

Leave a comment:

• noone
    replied
    Edwin Moses?

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    started a topic Each Man Has Popularity

Each Man Has Popularity

Happy birthday today (Tuesday) to two Olympic champions who competed in a total of four Olympic Games and won a total of three Olympic gold medals.

It has been a total of 205 years since the births of both athletes.

One of our birthday champions turns 66 today while the other person died at the age of 82.

These individuals were born approximately 619 miles (997 kms) from each other on the same continent.

The "Big Red" meets the "Maroon Tigers" may give you a bit of a clue.

You may not know that the older athlete was 73 when the younger individual was born.

Track & Field is really covered with these two champions.

Time to name both athletes on this last Tuesday of August.
Working...
X