Clear All

• KevinR
    replied
    Yeah, what he said........

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

With regard to the GOAT discussion, obviously the top 2 (Heike Drechsler and Jackie Joyner-Kersee) are set in stone..
    Really? HD yes*, but Reese overtakes JJK as number 2:

JJK V Reese:
    Olympics - JJK has 1 gold and 2 bronze, Reese has 1 gold and 2 silvers (and one 5th place)
    Worlds - JJK has 2 gold, a 5th & a 6th; Reese has 4 gold and an 8th
    World Indoors - JJK 0, Reese has 3 golds
    WRs - JJK 1 , Reese 0
    No1 Rankings - JJK 3 x number 1 and 2 x number 2; Reese has 7 x number 1 rankings, 2 x number 3, and a 2/3 from this season - watch this space.

How is JJK set in stone above Reese? Reese is clearly above JJK now, she beats her in every dept apart form that one WR? I think JJK's overall haul is clouding their judgement on her LJ alone.

(*HD different as a better Olym record and with 10 x number 1 rankings & 4 x number 2 rankings, plus 3 WRs outdoors, not even mentioning her WRs indoors and over 400 7m+ jumps)

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I worked most of the world-class woman jumpers in the last half-century and Reese belongs on the All-Time Great podium for both performance and comportment.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Googled her to look for news and found this, not sure if it made the homepage when it came out or not:
    https://www.si.com/olympics/2021/08/...tokyo-olympics

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Reese was an outstanding athlete and a consummate competitor. Others may jump further, but it is rare to find someone who always seems at her best when it counts.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by donley2 View Post
    Not sure there was much (any) discussion about Reese's retirement. I don't really get that into the back and forth GOAT discussions, but Reese's list of accomplishments is absolutely amazing.
    An Olympic gold, two silvers and a fourth place. Four World Championship golds. Three world indoor titles. Ranked top in the world by TFN seven different years, plus two 3rds a 7th and a 10th place world ranking. Truly an incredible career.
    With regard to the GOAT discussion, obviously the top 2 (Heike Drechsler and Jackie Joyner-Kersee) are set in stone. Pending another examination of those who follow, right now Brittney is an easy #3 for me.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    One of my very favorite athletes! Reese was always in the hunt, it seemed, and she could come up with a 7m+ jump almost at will when it was needed, from her first one in 2009 to her Trials winner this year.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    started a topic In Praise of Brittney Reese

In Praise of Brittney Reese

Not sure there was much (any) discussion about Reese's retirement. I don't really get that into the back and forth GOAT discussions, but Reese's list of accomplishments is absolutely amazing.
    An Olympic gold, two silvers and a fourth place. Four World Championship golds. Three world indoor titles. Ranked top in the world by TFN seven different years, plus two 3rds a 7th and a 10th place world ranking. Truly an incredible career.
Working...
X