Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyser

Happy birthday today (Tuesday) to an Olympic champion who was born on a Tuesday 84 years ago today and suffered with asthma.

This champion competed in one Olympics and 43 years after winning that Olympic gold medal had to have this individual's right hip replaced.

The gold medal this person won at the Olympic Games did not involve hurdles.

Twenty days from today will mark the 57th anniversary of this athlete's victory at the Olympics.

Our birthday athlete shares the same initials as a fairly famous television star from the 1950's.

If you were about ten years old in 1955 and watched television in those days, you might remember this "host" and his "Peanut Gallery".

Please try and name our birthday champion on this last Tuesday of September.

I was exactly 10 in 1955, so I know the TV show was Howdy Doody. But I can't think of a 1964 gold medalist with the initials HD. Probably a relay runner!

Comment

You are on the right "track", noone, however the fairly famous "host" of Howdy Doody was a bit taller than Howdy Doody. Don't give up. By the way, our birthday athlete for today was not a relay runner.

Comment

Buffalo Bob was the host that said “what time is it kids”?
        but can’t go further on BB gold medalist from 1960/64 OG.

Comment

Wasn't his name "Buffalo" Bob Smith? if I'm correct that would mean we should be thinking of someone with the initials BS.

Comment

Didn't Bob Schul win the 5000m in 1964?

Comment

Happy 84th birthday today to Bob Keyser Schul and very well done, mcgato.

Bob Schul was born in Ohio and won the 1964 Tokyo Olympic 5,000 with a last lap (in the rain on a dirt track) of 54.8.

You might remember when Schul ran with the Los Angeles Track Club.

Thank you mcgato, KDFINE, midwestfan, and noone.

Comment

Why I couldn't figure out it was Bob Schul after I got the BS is embarrassing. I have his autograph on a program from Madison Square Garden and I went to grad school at Miami of Ohio. Shame on me!

Comment

Don't worry KDFINE, it's part of the human experience.

Comment

i was trying to figure out the Keyser Soze connection!

Comment

Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
                      Why I couldn't figure out it was Bob Schul after I got the BS is embarrassing. I have his autograph on a program from Madison Square Garden and I went to grad school at Miami of Ohio. Shame on me!
                      Are you BS'ing me?

Comment

If I am remembering correctly, I think that Keyser was Bob Schul's middle name!
                        Retired triple jumper and paying the price! Son of Al Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosttowner View Post
                          If I am remembering correctly, I think that Keyser was Bob Schul's middle name!
                          At least DoubleRBar's comment above would indicate so.

Comment

Yes, it's his middle name; no Soze needed.

Comment

Working...
                            X