Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Track Needs Champions Maintaining Zeal

Happy birthday today (Wednesday) to three Olympic champions with a total of 258 years since their three births.

Only one of these three athletes is no longer alive and that person died at the age of 58.

We can call these three people; "A", "B", and "C".

"B" was seven years old when "C" was born and "A" was 37 when "B" was born.

You might already know that "A" was 44 years old when "C" was born.

"A" and "B:" won Olympic medals in North America while "B" and "C" won Olympic gold medals at the same Olympics.

Of course no hurdles were involved with any of the five total Olympic gold medals won by these three athletes.

Our birthday athletes competed in a total of five Olympic Games and only one of these three people competed in three Olympic Games.

All three individuals were born in different countries.

"C" won two Olympic gold medals at one Olympic Games and one of those gold medals came with a world record.

One of our birthday champions won a complete set of Olympic medals (gold, silver, & bronze) in the same event.

Did I tell you that "A" was born 113 years ago today and never married?

Time to name our birthday champions on this penultimate day of September.

Please remember that no research is allowed.

All answers must come from your brain.

Good luck.
    Last edited by DoubleRBar; 09-29-2021, 08:52 PM.

My spelling is likely wrong, but I'm guessing Nadezhka Chizhova (shot putter)

Comment

Happy 76th birthday today to Nadezhda Chizhova and nice job, noone. Chizhova is the one (athlete "B") who competed in three Olympics (1968, 1972, and 1976). She won bronze in the shot put in Mexico City, gold in the shot put in Munich, and silver in the shot put in Montreal. Born in the Soviet Union, Chizhova set nine world records in the shot put during her career.

Thank you, noone.

Comment

Is there something wrong with this hint:

"A" and "C:" won Olympic gold medals in North America while "B" and "C" won Olympic gold medals at the same Olympics.

If B is Chizhova, that implies C won in Munich, but that is not in North America according to my world map.

Comment

I had a hunch who M.Z. might be and it turned out to be right, but perhaps it would be against the rules to post it after checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Olli View Post
            Is there something wrong with this hint:

"A" and "C:" won Olympic gold medals in North America while "B" and "C" won Olympic gold medals at the same Olympics.

If B is Chizhova, that implies C won in Munich, but that is not in North America according to my world map.
            Sorry about that error. It should have read: "A" and "B" won Olympic gold medals in North America.

Yes, once you used a reference (looking it up), you are no longer eligible to answer.

Comment

But Chizhova did not win in North America, did she?

Comment

Olli, this is not one of my better days. It should be read as: "A" and "B" both won Olympic medals in North America.

Comment

My brain says MZ = Monica Zhert (not sure about "Monica" spelling but pretty sure Zhert is correct).

Comment

OK, my brain was wrong about the spelling of her last name as I found out when I checked it!

Comment

Eddie Tolan for ET?

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                        Eddie Tolan for ET?
                        Dying at the age of 58 or 59 fits Tolan.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                          Eddie Tolan for ET?
                          Why didn’t I think of that ?

Comment

Monika Zehrt celebrates 69 years today (Wednesday) . Very good, Peter Michaelson. Monika Zehrt won two Olympic gold medals in Munich (1972). She won the 400 and later ran the anchor leg (50.3) on the East German four by 400 relay that won the gold medal in West Germany. East Germany's winning time (3:22.95) was a world record.

Eddie Tolan was born in Denver, Colorado 113 years ago today (Wednesday). NIce going, LopenUupunut. Eddie Tolan won two Olympic gold medals in Los Angeles (1932). He won the 100 and then won the 200. He did not run the relay. If I were the Olympic coach, I would have let him run the relay (for three Olympic gold medals). Tolan later became a teacher and he never married.

Thank you Peter Michaelson, LopenUupunut, Olli, KDFINE, and noone.

Comment

(For some strange reason, my post was flagged as potential spam. I'll try again in two pieces.)

When thinking of MZ, I had a faint recollection of Monika Zehrt as a name, but didn't quite remember what she had won and where, and therefore hadn't the courage to post the answer before checking. (The clues were a bit confusing, too; I thought C had won in North America, that is, Montreal:-) What a short career she had! No wonder my recollection was faint.

Comment

Working...
                              X