X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Nothing to do with the content. You read too much into everything. I simply thought it was a good piece.
    Most people don't know everything like you seem to.
    As you know there are many journalistic pieces tat are very well done, but add nothing to the subject. And poorly written ones that break significant now ground.
    As for the last statement, all my life, people have assumed I knew much more than I actually did. It's my super-power and I always try to use it for good!

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I skimmed it and saw nothing new.
    Yes, I was being a smart-ass, given all the travails of our relay teams. I apologize if someone you know was responsible for the teams and I took a cheap shot.
    Regardless of how even-handed the piece was, and all the vagaries of trying to put four individuals together, the bottom line is not being met, wouldn't you say?
    At some point, excuses (and even good reasons) aren't good enough. If my relay teams are having problems, I know exactly where to look to place the blame.
    If USATF needs to trash the entire program and start all over again, so be it.
    We are currently a clown show and that makes us all very sad.
    Nothing to do with the content. You read too much into everything. I simply thought it was a good piece.

Most people don't know everything like you seem to.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Did you even read that piece? Be honest now...
    I skimmed it and saw nothing new.
    Yes, I was being a smart-ass, given all the travails of our relay teams. I apologize if someone you know was responsible for the teams and I took a cheap shot.
    Regardless of how even-handed the piece was, and all the vagaries of trying to put four individuals together, the bottom line is not being met, wouldn't you say?
    At some point, excuses (and even good reasons) aren't good enough. If my relay teams are having problems, I know exactly where to look to place the blame.
    If USATF needs to trash the entire program and start all over again, so be it.
    We are currently a clown show and that makes us all very sad.
    Last edited by Atticus; 10-16-2021, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Ha!
    You say that as though you ascribe some sort of merit to what I post, which we both know is rarely true.
    Some of what you post has great merit, but sometimes . . . not so much - just like most people here.
    Did you even read that piece? Be honest now...

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Sigh... sometimes you might want to just let something pass, man.
    Ha!
    You say that as though you ascribe some sort of merit to what I post, which we both know is rarely true.
    Some of what you post has great merit, but sometimes . . . not so much - just like most people here.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    To summarize: we EFFED up again, just as we usually do - we have lots of excuses, but no good reason.
    There - I saved you $99.
    Sigh... sometimes you might want to just let something pass, man.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    To give credit where credit is due, their piece on the US 4x100 is quite interesting.
    To summarize: we EFFED up again, just as we usually do - we have lots of excuses, but no good reason.
    There - I saved you $99.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    To give credit where credit is due, their piece on the US 4x100 is quite interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    $99! For nothing....inside scoops...right...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-15-2021, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Really...for what?
    Dunno. Here's the link

https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Really...for what?

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by MJR View Post
    But likely pay for some things....

Well, they do have a pay-wall portion now, not that I would pay them anything.

Leave a comment:

• MJR
    replied
    Let's run is full of dudes who don't want to pay for anything...
    But likely pay for some things....

Leave a comment:

• Walt Murphy
    replied
    Years ago there were multiple road racing and distance magazines... as of now there are none.
    Might be the only one left, but New England Runner still sends out printed issues.
    https://www.nerunner.com

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by jc203 View Post
    No shortage of fake news over there...
    They break a lot of big news, and some of the posters have some inside scoop, but sifting through the wretched dreck is a herculean task. Their lack of moderation makes this place seem like a 24/7 Kumbaya-Fest!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X