Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Girls and One Boy

Happy 62nd birthday today (Tuesday) to an Olympic champion who competed in two Olympic Games and won every Olympic medal except a silver medal.

This champion did not compete in the Olympic hurdles.

Our birthday athlete was not born in Europe, North or South America, or Australia.

Today, this Olympian lives in one of the four continents mentioned in the previous sentence.

Three years after winning the Olympic gold medal, our birthday person set a world record (same event) and became the first in history to break through a certain barrier.

Can you name our birthday athlete for this first Tuesday of November?

Please go ahead and give it a try.

Hmm, Said Aouita fits some of the clues...

Comment

Originally posted by Olli View Post
      Hmm, Said Aouita fits some of the clues...
      Ouita was first under 13 for the 5000, but I thought he probably still lived in Morocco, Africa.

It was crazy, and a testament to ability and versatility (a la Sifan Hassan) that he won bronze in the 800 at Seoul.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Ouita was first under 13 for the 5000, but I thought he probably still lived in Morocco, Africa.

It was crazy, and a testament to ability and versatility (a la Sifan Hassan) that he won bronze in the 800 at Seoul.
        I seem to recall reading somewhere that he now lives in Australia but I could be wrong.

Comment

Happy 62nd birthday today to Said Aouita. Good job, Olli.

Aouita was born in Morocco and, I believe, he lives today in Florida.

He won the 5,000 at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics and four years later he took the Olympic bronze medal in the 800 in Seoul. He also ran the 1,500 in Seoul, however he did not make that final.
          An injury prevented him from competing in Barcelona at the 1992 Olympics.

In 1987, in a meet in Rome, Italy, Aouita became the first person to run the 5,000 under 13:00.

In 1985, in a meet in Berlin, West Germany, he ran the 1,500 in 3:29.46 for a new world record.

Thank you Olli, Tuariki, and Trickstat.

Comment

What is the meaning of the thread title?

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
              What is the meaning of the thread title?
              Said Aouita married Khadija Skhir in 1983, one year before the 1984 Olympic Games. Khadija Skhir is Said Aouita's biggest supporter, and together they have four children: one son, Adil, and three daughters; Soukaina, Sarah, and Zeena.
              Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa%C3%...#Personal_life

Comment

Thank you, Davidokun. I forgot to say that Aouita's four children are grownup and successful adults.

Comment

The title of this thread keeps raising my eyebrow. Phrasing!
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Working...
                  X