Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    This field eventer does not have the initials "L.S." or "R.R."

Our birthday athlete won the gold medal in the same Olympic city which is scheduled to host the next Summer Olympic Games.
    Paris 1924.
    Male
    LJ or Discus.

Over to Bambam as I don't know the name of eithet

Comment

DeHart Hubbard?

Comment

DeHart Hubbard was born 118 years ago yesterday (Thanksgiving). Very good, LopenUupunut.

DeHart Hubbard was born in Cincinnati, Ohio on a Wednesday and died in Cleveland, Ohio on a Wednesday at the age of 72 (just two days before Arnie Robinson won the 1976 U.S. Olympic Trials men's long jump final).

Roy Rogers (born Leonard Slye) was also born in November (eight years after Hubbard) and also in Cincinnati. I don't believe Roy Rogers competed in track & field, but I could be wrong.

Hubbard won the Olympic long jump in Paris (1924) and he also competed at the 1928 (Amsterdam) Olympics in the men's long jump, but he did not make the final in Amsterdam.

Hubbard graduated from Walnut Hills High School in Cincinnati and then from the University of Michigan in 1927. He was a pretty good bowler and later founded the Cincinnati Tigers, a professional baseball team in Cincinnati.

His long jump world record (7.89 or 25' 10 3/4") was set in June of 1925 in Chicago, Illinois.

DeHart Hubbard was quite an interesting person and, of course, an outstanding athlete.

Thank you, LopenUupunut, Tuariki, Olli, bambam1729, and J Rorick.
        Last edited by DoubleRBar; 11-26-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X