Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna Rankin

Happy birthday today (Saturday) to an Olympic champion who "competed" in four Olympic Games in four different continents and won one Olympic gold medal.

Our birthday athlete won six World Championships gold medals plus four World Indoor gold medals.

A former mayor shares the same initials as our birthday individual. This former mayor was married four times and was about 29 years older than our birthday athlete. The first of those four wives is the title of this thread.

You may already know that this former mayor died at the age of 62 after making contact with a large tree.

Track & Field News twice named our birthday champion as its "Athlete of the Year".

Don't even worry about the hurdles with this athlete or with the former mayor.

Did I mention that the former mayor also had a television show with one of the four wives?

It was 2001 when our birthday person retired from competition.

I won't tell you about the brother of our birthday Olympian or about the son of our birthday athlete because that would give it away to most everyone.

Today marks 58 years since the birth of our birthday athlete.

Maybe one or two of you might know the name of our birthday champion on this first Saturday of December, so please give it a go and name this birthday Olympian.

Bubka?

Comment

Sergey Bubka?

Comment

The former mayor would be Sonny Bono of "and Cher" fame?

Comment

Happy 58th birthday today to Sergey Bubka. Boy, you guys jumped on this one! Very good, Olli, you just edged out Tuariki, and Trickstat even got Sonny Bono.

Sergey Bubka won the Olympic gold medal in the pole vault at the first of "four" Olympic Games. He won in Seoul (1988), but no heighted in Barcelona (1992). He actually didn't start in Atlanta (1996) because of an injury and didn't make the final in Sydney (2000).

Good thing he won that first Olympic gold medal, otherwise nobody would ever remember him. Oh, I forgot to mention his six World Championship gold medals and his four World Indoor gold medals.

Thank you Olli, Tuariki, and Trickstat.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
            Very good, Olli, you just edged out Tuariki, .

No, no, no, no. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
            Protesting to the on field referee.
            Only half an answer by Olli. Could have been Vasily.

Relying on Bradley Walsh and his UK Chasers quiz show for quiz rules.
            😇😇😇😇😇😇

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

No, no, no, no. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
              Protesting to the on field referee.
              Only half an answer by Olli. Could have been Vasily.

Relying on Bradley Walsh and his UK Chasers quiz show for quiz rules.
              😇😇😇😇😇😇
              I think Tuariki has a point here. The East German judge has ruled - and the winner is ...

The Big Maori

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I think Tuariki has a point here. The East German judge has ruled - and the winner is ...

The Big Maori
                Thank you Ellen Berger
                Edit
                The East German judge who shafted Lonewolf's niece
                Last edited by Tuariki; 12-04-2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but there is only one Bubka with a gold medal winning pole vault. Brother Vasiliy is three years older than brother Sergey and like Sergey, Vasiliy did not make the final in the 1996 Atlanta Games. Had Vasiliy medaled in the Olympic pole vault, you might have a point. Maybe it's like Sonny Bono's former wife (Cher). There's only one Bubka.

Comment

Ah, but with no research allowed one might erroneously think that Vasiliy won six world titles and an Olympic gold!

Comment

I've been focused a lot on Bubka (Sergey) this week wondering what the heck was his motive to write his affidavit trying to destroy EJ Obiena.

Suggestions coming out of the Phillipines are that Bubka was trying to secure votung support from PATAFA President Juico.

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                        Ah, but with no research allowed one might erroneously think that Vasiliy won six world titles and an Olympic gold!
                        In fact, I had a recollection that there was Annabelle Bubka from Liechtenstein who won six world titles in women's shot put, but it appears that my recollection was wrong. Luckily her last name was the same as Sergey's (of whom I had never even heard).

Comment

Originally posted by Olli View Post

In fact, I had a recollection that there was Annabelle Bubka from Liechtenstein who won six world titles in women's shot put, but it appears that my recollection was wrong. Luckily her last name was the same as Sergey's (of whom I had never even heard).
                          I think she may have changed her name to Adams

Comment

Working...
                          X