X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcyallen
    replied
    Originally posted by 1.609 View Post
    Nobody was rushin' past Borzov in Munich, whether they showed up or not. Simply too much better than anyone else at the time.
    Totally agree!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Nobody was rushin' past Borzov in Munich, whether they showed up or not. Simply too much better than anyone else at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
    As DoubleRBar said its all a guess. I think Borzov would have won even if Hart/Robinson were there, but I think Hart would have been close.
    Borzov was the top ranked 100m sprinter in the world in 1971, neither Hart or Robinson ranked. Borzov was considered to be the best sprinter in the world that was never a thought when it came to Hart/Robinson, but.......a guess?

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    As DoubleRBar said its all a guess. I think Borzov would have won even if Hart/Robinson were there, but I think Hart would have been close.

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    Bottom line is that we will never know what would have happened. Everything else is just a guess.
    Borzov had been one of the top sprinters in the world since 1969, that can't be said about Hart/Robinson, and it's a....just a guess?

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied
    Originally posted by noone View Post
    Enough already
    Hey, don't do that, ok? If this topic isn't for you then pass it by, ok?

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Borzov was indeed a faster sprinter at that time. The stopwatch (timer) didn't lie and his victories were not flukes. The historical record is clear.
    If he wants to deny that, he can join the anti-vaxxers and stop-the-stealers in their fantasy land of anti-truth.
    Like this one, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• noone
    replied
    Enough already

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Bottom line is that we will never know what would have happened. Everything else is just a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
    Guy on another forum is positive Hart/Robinson beat Borzov, do think it's more a USA beats USSR thing
    Borzov was indeed a faster sprinter at that time. The stopwatch (timer) didn't lie and his victories were not flukes. The historical record is clear.
    If he wants to deny that, he can join the anti-vaxxers and stop-the-stealers in their fantasy land of anti-truth.

Leave a comment:

• schigh
    replied
    I remember at the time a lot of discussion as to who ran the better anchor leg in the 4x100 final.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    He beat all the US athletes in the next Olympic 100m too, even though some had probably written off his medal chances after the semis.

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    started a topic Hart and Robinson vs Borzov 1972

Hart and Robinson vs Borzov 1972

I know I know. been done before so here's the deal.

Guy on another forum is positive Hart/Robinson beat Borzov, do think it's more a USA beats USSR thing but he won't listen to me. So, how about a little back up, I already bragged on you guys so a little help here, yep will be sharing your input.

I do see Hart beating Taylor and pushing Borzov to a faster time but he's not beating him. Do think Borzov could have ran a faster 100m than he did.
    Last edited by Alcyallen; 12-31-2021, 11:29 PM.
Working...
X