Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FloJo and the Jamaicans

Nice piece about the Women's 100 and the Queen and the Princesses in waiting.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/extra/qoop28e78d/flo-jo

Nice piece indeed.

Comment

Thanks for the link - a good read.

One factual error - the article states that, in relation to the 10.49, "That day, all the other wind readings for the 100m races were strongly wind-assisted, with no other zero or negative readings."

In fact, the first two of the three quarter finals reported a wind reading of 0.0 m/s. The third was +5 m/s. The heats, run earlier the same day, all had wind readings of at least +2.7 m/s.
      100m - A New Look at the World's Greatest Race

Comment

Originally posted by JC100 View Post
        Thanks for the link - a good read.

One factual error - the article states that, in relation to the 10.49, "That day, all the other wind readings for the 100m races were strongly wind-assisted, with no other zero or negative readings."
        In fact, the first two of the three quarter finals reported a wind reading of 0.0 m/s. The third was +5 m/s. The heats, run earlier the same day, all had wind readings of at least +2.7 m/s.
        Yes, it took them two races before Sam Bell figured out the wind guage wasn’t functioning, He replaced it at this point.

Comment

I've never heard a replacement-gauge story before.

Comment

I am a Jamaican, but I believe the record should stand. The issue should have been addressed years ago. No need to create controversy at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              I've never heard a replacement-gauge story before.

Neither have I. Presumably it was functioning for the heats a few hours earlier, and for the men's 100m semi-finals held just 90 minutes before (winds +2.6 and +4.9).
              100m - A New Look at the World's Greatest Race

Comment

Working...
              X