Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Me Gold

Happy birthday today (Tuesday) to an Olympic champion who was born on a Tuesday 62 years ago today.

This champion competed in two Olympic Games in the same event (no hurdles) and won two Olympic gold medals and one Olympic silver medal.

I can tell you that this athlete won an Olympic gold medal in the same country in which this person was born.

Do you think you can name our birthday athlete on this penultimate Tuesday of September?

Please feel free to give it a go and good luck.

Remember, no research is allowed with this quiz.

Hmm, my guess is that this is an American sprinter who got the golds in relays Calvin Smith???

Comment

Tatyana Kazankina? (OG 1976/1980)

Comment

Kazankina wasn't 16 in Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Olli View Post
          Kazankina wasn't 16 in Montreal.
          I've just checked on Wiki: she was almost 25 then.
          Anyway, she won 3 olympic gold medals through her brilliant career.
          So she isn't our right answer.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...QLlO1IQrdNKWPI
          Last edited by 79; 09-20-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Our birthday athlete is not Calvin Smith nor is it Tatyana Kazankina. Concentrate more on the title to help you.

Comment

Jackie Joyner Kersee? (At least 3 golds. Just checked her bio. So, not the mystery athlete)
              Last edited by 79; 09-20-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 79 View Post
                Jackie Joyner Kersee? (At least 3 golds. Just checked her bio. So, not the mystery athlete)
                Since the multis involve hurdles it can't be JJK.

Comment

Two options:
                  1- could possibly be a USSR/CIS athlete (1976/80) or (1980/88) or, lower possibility, (1980/92)
                  2- could possibly be a US athlete (1984/88) or (1976/84) or (1984/92)

The title is as helpful as Chinese language for me.
                  Last edited by 79; 09-20-2022, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Alice Brown?

Comment

Happy 62nd birthday today to Alice Brown. Nice going, Davidokun.

Alice Brown was born in Mississippi on this day in 1960. That's about two weeks after the close of the 1960 Rome Olympic Games.

Alice made two U.S. Olympic teams: 1984 and 1988. She won gold medals at both those Games. In Los Angeles (1984), she took the silver medal in the women's 100 and then she ran the first leg on the winning four by 100 relay team that won in 41.65.

In Seoul (1988), Alice again ran the first leg on the winning four by 100 relay team. This time the U.S. team ran 41.98 for the gold medal.

There are a few Olympic gold medal winners with "colors" in their name. Can you name any others?

Thank you, Davidokun, Olli, 79, and KDFINE.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                        Happy 62nd birthday today to Alice Brown. Nice going, Davidokun.

Alice Brown was born in Mississippi on this day in 1960. That's about two weeks after the close of the 1960 Rome Olympic Games.

Alice made two U.S. Olympic teams: 1984 and 1988. She won gold medals at both those Games. In Los Angeles (1984), she took the silver medal in the women's 100 and then she ran the first leg on the winning four by 100 relay team that won in 41.65.

In Seoul (1988), Alice again ran the first leg on the winning four by 100 relay team. This time the U.S. team ran 41.98 for the gold medal.

There are a few Olympic gold medal winners with "colors" in their name. Can you name any others?

Thank you, Davidokun, Olli, 79, and KDFINE.
                        Larry Black, Ron Brown, Maurice Greene come to mind.

Comment

And Charlie Greene.

Comment

Very well done, Peter Michaelson.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Michaelson View Post
                              And Charlie Greene.
                              Hurdles were involved... I ran the same race (about two hurdles back) when Heisman trophy winner Charles White set the prep 300 hurdle record in the 70's .. of course it was new event and every week someone set the record : ) I recall he wasn't too bad at the 120 hurdles as well.
                              Last edited by DET59; 09-21-2022, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X