Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (41213)Mimoun trivia...

What is this "(41213)Mimoun" ?
    Last edited by 79; 09-25-2022, 08:23 AM.

Wild guess: the sequence of his finish positions in Olympic finals.

Comment

Could it be 41,213 meters into the Olympic marathon? Not sure what happened at that point in the marathon because I believe Mimoun took the lead around the halfway point in Melbourne (1956).

Comment

Its not his Olympic finishes. I just looked it up on Olympedia - good luck with this one, guys, you'll need it.

Comment

4-12-13 his pre-war Algerian phone number ?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
            Its not his Olympic finishes. I just looked it up on Olympedia - good luck with this one, guys, you'll need it.
            Ahahahaha...
            Someone here said my trivias are too easy.
            If you're lost, watch the sky and you will find the answer. (Arabic proverb to help)
            Last edited by 79; 09-24-2022, 08:21 AM.

Comment

His zip code?

Comment

I donโ€™t know for sure but want to take a stab before I go to sleep. I wonโ€™t give full answer as I did some research on his life..
                4-1-2-1-3 are the number of individual gold and silver medals he has won in different โ€œworldโ€ venues with the tickler being the number 1?????

Comment

4 = he won four Olympic medals.
                  12 = he finished 12th in another Olympic race. (10k in Melbourne.)
                  13 = he passed away in 2013.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't see any correct answer about what the (41213)Mimoun is, yet...
                    To help again (the last time) this is something that exists physically and moves much faster than Usain Bolt did.
                    Last edited by 79; 09-25-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Might want to think of the Jetsons, too

Comment

I guess it's an asteroid.

Comment

There is also 1740 Paavo Nurmi, for just one example.

Comment

Originally posted by Olli View Post
                            I guess it's an asteroid.
                            You found, Olli, ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
                            https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...qrA0nS6bdEQKK8
                            I had the chance to talk with Alain Mimoun 15 years ago.
                            I forgot to ask him what it felt to know that someone chose his name for an asteroid, then.
                            He always had an epic way to describe his experience of war ( Monte Cassino, WW2, where he was injured) and of his many more pacific battles on the track arenas, for example.
                            He was one of the most popular athletes in France through the 50s'.
                            Last edited by 79; 09-25-2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I was a spectator at the 2003 Paris World Champs. During one session in the stadium they started showing some old clips of the sport. My French isn't great, but after a short while, I realised that they were doing some kind of countdown of French athletes over the years including Roger Bambuck, Guy Drut, Michel Jazy and Marie-Jose Perec. They announced the number 1 as Alain Mimoun, and after showing his clips, he was then introduced to the crowd. He then proceeded to run a lap of the track at a decent speed for a 70 something whilst waving enthusiastically.

Comment

Working...
                              X