X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by richh View Post
    Other athletes born on the day were 1972 Olympians Josh Owusu [GHA] - 4th in the LJ, and Jochen Saachse [GDR] -2nd in the HT. Why would I know something that obscure - because they were were in 1948 and are my twins [definitely not identical]
    Owusu! A royal name in Texas track and field, at least in San Angelo and a couple other places.

Leave a comment:

• richh
    replied
    Other athletes born on the day were 1972 Olympians Josh Owusu [GHA] - 4th in the LJ, and Jochen Saachse [GDR] -2nd in the HT. Why would I know something that obscure - because they were were in 1948 and are my twins [definitely not identical]

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Good work DoubleR and J !

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Yes, Jimmy Carter is 98 today. Grete Waitz never won an Olympic gold medal.

Leave a comment:

• J Rorick
    replied
    Jimmy Carter. But I'm still wondering why Grete Waitz is not "eligible for this contest."

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post

Former CC runner at Naval Academy is 98 today.. he is he ?
    He holds the U.S. record for an American president, living the longest of any U.S. president. He and Dwight Phillips were both born in the same state.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
    Today also Grete Waitz' 69th birthday, were she still with us. Alas, she's one of the greatest to not be eligible for this contest.

And Julie Andrews is also 87 today. (I didn't believe it either when I first saw it.)
    Former CC runner at Naval Academy is 98 today.. he is he ?

Leave a comment:

• Steele
    replied
    Grete Waitz ran the hurdles?

Leave a comment:

• cigar95
    replied
    Today also Grete Waitz' 69th birthday, were she still with us. Alas, she's one of the greatest to not be eligible for this contest.

And Julie Andrews is also 87 today. (I didn't believe it either when I first saw it.)

Leave a comment:

replied
    He was also a superb sprinter! His 6"47 (60m indoor) were very impressive in 2005. Even today, of course.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Happy 45th birthday today to Dwight Phillips. Very well done, gm.

Dwight Phillips was born in Decatur, Georgia on the first Saturday of October in 1977. Dwight made the U.S. Olympic team to Sydney, Australia, in 2000 where he placed eighth in the men's long jump. Four years later, in Athens, Greece, Phillips won the Olympic gold medal in the long jump (8.59 or 28' 2 1/4"). He won four gold medals in the World Championships, one World Championships bronze medal, and one World Indoor long jump gold medal.

Thank you, gm, Steele, and 79.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Dwight Phillips is from Decatur, Ga., I believe

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Someone from a Carribean island and coaching world-class female triple jumpers nowadays?

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X