Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mennisco
    that means Allyson running as close to 120 meters as possible, and maybe also Sanya - we're gonna see a WR and maybe sub 41.
    No way! A new WR needs either amazing raw speed and competent baton passing, or very good raw speed and excellent baton passing.

Sanya Richards does not have the raw speed, neither does Felix for that matter, compared to women who have been in the US relay team in previous years. Why on earth would the US want to put a 200/400 runner on the team when they have plenty of 100 sprinters with faster PB's than Sanya?

If both these women were to be in the US team, they would need to practise their @sses off to get anywhere near 41.3. Sub 41? Pah! No chance!
    "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea_T
      that means Allyson running as close to 120 meters as possible, and maybe also Sanya - we're gonna see a WR and maybe sub 41.
      No way! A new WR needs either amazing raw speed and competent baton passing, or very good raw speed and excellent baton passing.

Sanya Richards does not have the raw speed, neither does Felix for that matter, compared to women who have been in the US relay team in previous years. Why on earth would the US want to put a 200/400 runner on the team when they have plenty of 100 sprinters with faster PB's than Sanya?

If both these women were to be in the US team, they would need to practise their @sses off to get anywhere near 41.3. Sub 41? Pah! No chance!
      You obviously don't understand the difference between a flying start, 100 times from blocks, and the fact that the 200 marks the world's fastest human, not the 100. Your idol Marita Koch stated as much.
      Take good care of yourself.

Comment

You obviously don't understand the difference between a flying start, 100 times from blocks, and the fact that the 200 marks the world's fastest human, not the 100.
        What?? It's nothing to do with that! I know exactly the rudiments of the 4x100 thank you very much! Do you really think that Sanya Richards was one of the top 4 fastest US women over 100m-120m last season? I dont. I dont think she will be this season either. There is no point in putting Sanya in the team.

Felix may well be, but the point there is that in previous seasons we have seen far faster US women and they didnt break the record. The US missed the chance in 97 and 99. In 97 they had Gaines (SB 11.19) Jones (10.76 SB) Miller (11.04 SB) and Devers (10.88 SB) which equated to a great 41.47..but no WR. In 99 they missed having their best team with Jones injured, but could have had Jones (SB 10.70) Miller (SB 10.79) Devers (10.94 SB) and Perry (SB 11.15)

Wait until we have 3 US women under 11 secs, or until they are made to practice relay exchanges daily, and I may get excited about the breaking the WR
        "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

Did the US women botch the '64 Tokyo final? How did Poland manage to beat them? Poland had 2 great team members in Kirzenstein [Szewinska] and Klobukowska, but both had been outrun by McGuire and Tyus was even more superior over 100 meters.

Comment

Why would you want your slowest sprinters to run the longest distance? What a moronic comment. Following the retarded logic above the men's 4x100 would be held by Danny Everett Quincy Watts Steve Lewis and Michael Johnson.

Comment

Did the US women botch the '64 Tokyo final? How did Poland manage to beat them? Poland had 2 great team members in Kirzenstein [Szewinska] and Klobukowska, but both had been outrun by McGuire and Tyus was even more superior over 100 meters.
              Rumour has it they ran a man on anchor.

Apologies if my previous post seemed a little confrontational.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota

Apologies if my previous post seemed a little confrontational.
                No problem. I think by this summer it may be fairly clear that the fastest over 100 won't be close to Allyson at 110. I think a lot of the best 100 times are women who excel over 60 and then hold their form in varying degrees to 100. I wonder who hit 110 first in the WC 200 final last year, where she beat the 2-3 finishers from the 100 final.

Comment

Ewa Klobukowska was not a man, but a woman with an atypical chromosome pattern.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                    Ewa Klobukowska was not a man, but a woman with an atypical chromosome pattern.
                    I must be one of those two! [too?]

Comment

Working...
                    X