X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Orr's dad

Just passed. Obit says he excelled in track:

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/180524

Supposedly Bobby Hull was a good sprinter for the high school level too. Orr had a quick acceleration so maybe he inherited it from his father.

Comment

mjd, do you remember a Canadian high school sprinter named ( I think ) Bobby Fisher Smith ? ) The name just popped into my head... late 60's I think.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        mjd, do you remember a Canadian high school sprinter named ( I think ) Bobby Fisher Smith ? ) The name just popped into my head... late 60's I think.
        That name is stuck in my mind too but it's got to be late 50's or early 60's. He was a 9.6 guy I think. Seem to remember him beating guys like Orlando Hazley indoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Track fan
          Supposedly Bobby Hull was a good sprinter for the high school level too. Orr had a quick acceleration so maybe he inherited it from his father.
          Bobby Hull's son Bart was a good high school sprinter in British Columbia in the early 80's. He was a much better athlete than brother Brett who became a Hockey superstar in the NHL.
          However, Bart chose football, played college ball in the US. Later had limited success in the CFL.
          In his late 20's he tried hockey and worked hard with Brett, but it was too late and nothing came out of it.

Comment

Working...
          X