Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathy, Robert, and Fermin

Today (Friday) we have three birthdays. One of the three turns 34 today while one is 38 and the other celebrates 42 years. Two of the three won Olympic gold medals in their home countries while the third never won an Olympic gold medal. See if you can supply their last names and match them with their ages. For extra credit, pick one of them and explain why you think they had the best track and field career.

Freeman and Cacho are obvious. Don't know who Robert might be ops: .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
      Don't know who Robert might be ops: .
      Emmiyan.

Comment

Congratulations also to Tia Hellebaut, Susanna Kallur, Valentina Yegorova and Grit Breuer who also celebrate their birthday today.

Lunging Zamira Zaytseva (conquered by Decker over 1500m in Helksinki), also celebrates.

(Thanks to Athletics Heroes website for all of this information).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
          Congratulations also to Tia Hellebaut, Susanna Kallur, Valentina Yegorova and Grit Breuer who also celebrate their birthday today.

Lunging Zamira Zaytseva (conquered by Decker over 1500m in Helksinki), also celebrates.

(Thanks to Athletics Heroes website for all of this information).
          http://www.sporting-heroes.net/athletic ... efault.asp
          Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Ok, you got it. Happy birthday today to Robert Emmiyan (forty-two), Fermin Cacho (thirty-eight), and Cathy Freeman (thirty-four). One of the loudest crowds I can ever remember was in Sydney when the gun with off for the women's 400 finals. They went crazy for her. One of the most excited winners I can remember was when Fermin won the men's 1,500 in 1992. I think the women's 1,500 went out quicker for the first 800 than did the men. Cacho ran a great last 400.

Comment

Working...
            X