Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: trivia q's

kuha you rat I just looked it up, but you beat me to it!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey, what can I say? Even a blind hog finds a few acorns! But you're a tough competitor!

Comment

yeah, but that was altitude-aided; what about at sea level?

Comment

You looked it up? That sounds liking cheating.
          I think you should be banned for two years or more. The IAAF trivia squad may come to your house some day unannounced and find out what you really know!

Comment

Hey, give HJSTEVE a break. This may be a technical infraction, but I'm sure he ingested this data inadvertently from one of his many informational supplements.

Comment

and I knew the guy and his height and school by memory, the only thing I then looked up was the site. And I admitted I did it too. Even Mr. Einstein did not know EVERYTHING!

Comment

Alright, hjsteve, we will let you off this time, but be careful next time. Or even better, just deny it, like everyone else.

Comment

Deny what?

Comment

Maybe he really did know it but forgot it because he had a lot of sex and beer?

Comment

as a semi serious comment, I agree that if you immediately run to T&FN or to trackfield.brinkster.net just to rap out an answer to a trivia question, that's not the right way. And that's why I answered the Davies question the way I did, without knowing the site, which was the question.

So..... like all the poor unfairly accused people in the world from OJ to Martha Stewart to Ken Lay to Richard Nixon , etc. etc. I AM INNOCENT !!!!

Comment

"Where did Adolph Plummer go to high school?"

This was answered a couple days ago, but it got me to thinking (belatedly, that's what happens with the aging process).

Plummer was a frosh at U. New Mexico in spring 1960 (and presumably fall '59), and had served in the military for about three years before that. I figure he probably finished high school in 1956, and was born in around 1938.

The $64,000 question: Is Plummer the last non-German to be named Adolph?

Comment

And: What was the last track
                          >Jack Lovelock was on?>>

"New York subway" is pretty sick! Which reminds me; you know what it would take to put together a Beatles reunion tour?.... Two more bullets.

Comment

>Plummer was a frosh at U. New Mexico in spring 1960 (and presumably fall '59), and had served in the
                            >military for about three years before that. I
                            >figure he probably finished high school in 1956,
                            >and was born in around 1938.

The $64,000
                            >question: Is Plummer the last non-German to be
                            >named Adolph? >>

Plummer born 3 January 38. Coincidentally enough, my next-door neighbor of 20-odd years (died a couple of years back) was US-born (in the 20s), and named Adolph. Needless to say, he went by "Andy." But he did marry a woman from Austria!

Comment

The real estate holding company for our partnership is called Adolf Holdings Limited and I don't think it is much more than about 50 years old. Must find out where the name came from.

Comment

Which 2000 Olympic champion finished 2nd in a competition in 1987 in which a world record was set? What was the event? (hint: it was a very different one from the one in which the athlete won Olympic gold)
                                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                                X