Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia, Jet fast

In 1965 and 1966, Southern U. of Baton Rouge captured the NAIA men's 4 x 110 relay crown. Their leadoff runner both years was later a N.Y. Jets wide receiver. Name him.

The director of T & F activities at Disney's World of Sports was a member of the US's 4 x 100 relay team at the 1959 Pan Am Games. Who is he?

Gale Sayers wrote in "I Am Third" that he seriously considered attending Iowa, but that Hawkeye football recruiters were too busy wooing a halfback/sprinter from Detroit. The Motown recruit didn't go to Iowa either, but he was a '64 Olympian. Name him.

In 1971, Angelenos held national prep records for the 440, the high jump, and the long jump. Name two of the three L.A. schoolboys who set these national marks.

Re: Trivia, Jet fast

I'll say Henry Carr for the sprinter from Detroit

Comment

Jerry Proctor in tthe LJ

Comment

Ulis Williams in the 440/400

Comment

Steve, YOU are jet-fast (and correct on all counts)

Bijan

Comment

Reynaldo Brown hj?

Comment

Yep,though technically, Rey Brown competed for Compton High. He was also a star on their 1969 state championship basketball team, on which he teamed with the likes of Larry Hollyfield.

Bijan

Comment

I'm a professor who shares a hometown with Miles Davis and Kellen Winslow (senior). In 1959 I finished second in my state high school meet in the discus. Who am I?

Comment

I grew up to be, among other things, athletic director at the alma mater of half-miler Dick Gregory. In 1960 I took the Nebraska state meet crown in the long jump with a leap that would have also won me the Big Eight title. Who am I?

Comment

>I grew up to be, among other things, athletic
                    >director at the alma mater of half-miler Dick
                    >Gregory. In 1960 I took the Nebraska state meet
                    >crown in the long jump with a leap that would
                    >have also won me the Big Eight title. Who am I?

Corrigan

Comment

Before inventing the "spike", (well, I was the first pro to toss the ball into the stands after TD's)I copped the NCAA outdoor 200 dash in 1962, with an identical time to the 21.0 Bob Hayes ran to win in 1961. Name me.

Comment

Homer Jones ?

Comment

Oops. The last question should have read "NAIA 200 meters...", not NCAA. Who was our sprinter?

Bijan

Comment

Thank you Bijan for your correction, The more I looked at your question the more I knew something was wrong, for I knew that Bob Hayes did not win the NCAA 220 in 1961, Frank Budd did.

But now that we are talking of the NAIA, I will stick with my prior guess of Homer Jones, and it is just that, a guess.

Comment

Homer is correct. A good name for a cat who av'gd 27 yds. per reception and caught 14 TD's in 1967.

Comment

Working...
                              X