Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top ten hurdlers of all-time (400h & 110) - based on consist

110's
    1.) Allen Johnson 2.)Greg Foster 3.) Roger Kingdom 4.)Renaldo Nehemiah 5.)Rod Milburn 6.)Tonie Campbell 7.)Jack Pierce 8.)Mark Crear 9.)Willie Davenport 10.) Jack Davis

400Ih
    1.) Edwin Moses 2.)Kevin Young 3.)Derrick Atkins 4.)Andre Philips 5.)Danny Harris 6.)Angelo Taylor 7.)Calvin Davis 8.) Ralph Mann 9.)Glen Davis 10.)David Patrick

Re: Top ten hurdlers of all-time (400h & 110) - based on con

I assume you mean Top Ten US hurdlers?

Comment

W/o looking at your 110 list, I'd have Allen Johnson,Renaldo Nehemiah,Willie Davenport, Lee Quincy Calhoun, Roger Kingdom, Greg Foster, Harrison Dillard, Rod Milburn,Colin Jackson and Guy Drut worldwide, with apologies to my 11th man- Alejandro Casanas of Cuba.

Comment

I agree with Bijan... how can you leave out Harrison Dillard.

Comment

A bit before my time, but Moses had a great competitor - Schmid - who gave him many great races. A super 400IH guy who helped make Moses' streak all that more impressive.

Comment

Top ten hurdlers of all-time (400h)

My pc shut down while I was composing my 400 M list:

EDWIN MOSES,GLENN DAVIS, KEVIN YOUNG,DANNY HARRIS, RALPH MANN,ERONILDE DE ARAUJO,JOHN AKII-BUA,JOSH CULBREATH,DAVID HEMERY,HARALD SCHMID.

Comment

Great call! I forgot about "Bones" Harrison Dillard and Calhoun. They without question would be on my list. That is my U.S. list for those of you wondering...

Comment

Harold was a monster of a competitor. I was there for many of their titanic battles. To this day, I've yet to see someone as mechanical and precise in his execution over and between the hurdles. If I were to list a world list, I'd have Harold very near the top.

Comment

>Great call! I forgot about "Bones" Harrison Dillard and Calhoun. They without
                  >question would be on my list. That is my U.S. list for those of you
                  >wondering...

yeah, how can you leave out Calhoun, Bijan ? I noticed the Dillard omission but not Lee's.

Comment

Re: Top ten hurdlers of all-time (400h)

>My pc shut down while I was composing my 400 M list:

EDWIN MOSES,GLENN
                    >DAVIS, KEVIN YOUNG,DANNY HARRIS, RALPH MANN,ERONILDE DE ARAUJO,JOHN
                    >AKII-BUA,JOSH CULBREATH,DAVID HEMERY,HARALD SCHMID.

Eronilde de Araujo is probably the most consistent Brazilian ever, but he wouldn't make my top 100. And Ralph Mann wouldn't make top my 10. How bout Andre Phillips and Rex Cawley. And, if consistency is your main consideration, David Patrick and Samuel Matete would certainly rate over Hemery.

Comment

If you read my post, I did name Lee Calhoun, he's on my 110 M list.

Bijan

Comment

>If you read my post, I did name Lee Calhoun, he's on my 110 M list.
                        sorry about that Bijan, I got you mixed up with the originator of this thread, who DID omit Calhoun.
                        Bijan

Comment

Ok..I do not see Felix name in anybody list. What he's not good enough? Im i missing something here...let me know.

Comment

>Ok..I do not see Felix name in anybody list. What he's not good enough? Im i
                            >missing something here...let me know.

I agree with you. Felix Sanchez has totally dominated the event since 2001 winning several major titles (2001 WCH, 2002 World Cup & 2003 WCH, etc.) and has run the fastest time for 5 years(!) (47.25s at this year's WCH, fastest since Bryan Bornson's 47.03s in '98)
                            I would put him either 9th or 10th in my list...

Comment

Glenn Davis 10th in the 400 hurdles? You can't be serious. He's No. 2, and not too far behind Edwin.

Comment

Working...
                              X