Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music/Track Trivia

What would Neil Sedaka have said to a former holder of the 10,000 world record ?

Re: Music/Track Trivia

RUN SAMSON RUN

Comment

>RUN SAMSON RUN

good work tafnut !!!!!

Comment

Re: Music/Track TriviaSamson

I thought TOM JONES sang this.Delilah on her way,hey boy Im gonna cut yo hair off.

Comment

What famous country singer went to college on a track scholarship for throwing the javelin? I am not a fan of country music but I like because of that! Funny reason to like him for but I think most of the wackos (myself included) who post messages on this sight would probably like him for that as well!

Comment

Re: Music/Track TriviaJAV.

Dolly Parten

Comment

Re: Music/Track TriviaJAV.

Could have sworn she was more famous for the shot put.

Comment

>What famous country singer went to college on a track scholarship for throwing
                >the javelin? I am not a fan of country music but I like because of that!
                >Funny reason to like him for but I think most of the wackos (myself included)
                >who post messages on this sight would probably like him for that as well!>>

I don't think he actually went on a scholarship because I don't think his name ever appeared on eithier a high school list or in any major meet results his school competed in. But he was definitely on the team.

Comment

he's got friends in low places

Comment

>he's got friends in low places

Is that a hint.... Johnny Lee ?

Comment

Re: Music/Track TriviaSamson

>I thought TOM JONES sang this.Delilah on her way,hey boy Im gonna cut yo hair
                      >off.

If you are serious about it being Tom Jones, you are mistaken.... Tom Jones' song was "Delilah", a completely different song.

Comment

Pictures: http://www.strengthtech.com/photos/garthp/garthp.htm

Don't know whether he really received a scholarship, though I've seen it reported over and over in his biography as a "partial" scholarship -- which could mean a few bucks for a semester or two. Hey, it makes good press. Never seen any performance data, so unlike "Little Jo" Cartwright, it's most likely a good urban (cowboy) legend.

Comment

speaking of music types who competed in track... I think I recall that Alice Cooper ran Cross-Country ?

Comment

Working...
                          X