X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBCAC
    replied
    Re: Old High School Records

My old high school (State College PA) mile relay record is 3:22.8 set in 1922.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

SATCH the GREEK jumped 18 9 at ,,BELIEVE it was ATHENS or TROY, MIDDLE SCHOOL in 805 bc. not ratified ,pit slightly downhill ala RINK BABKA at APPLE VALLEY RELAYS .

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

How about national records? Peter O'Connors Irish LJ record of 7.61, set in 1901 (which was the WR at the time), wasn't broken until 1990. Hard to beat that !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Although this thread is ostensibly about high school records, my college long jump record was set in 1923. It was a good record for the time, but this is also an indictment of the quality of long jumping at my college in recent years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I thought a 1930 school record was remarkable, but 1908? Wow! Makes us think about the whole idea of "progress" in a slightly different way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

There are very old school records in events which are no longer held.

Leave a comment:

• BillCarr
    replied

Albert Gutterson at the University of Vermont jumped 7.60/24-11 in 1908, and it is still the University of Vermont record. Considering men's track has been reduced to club status, I highly doubt that this will ever be broken, and I haven't found an older record yet.

For more active programs, the Harvard record in the long jump is from 1921. I think Oberlin College has a really old mile relay record as well from the 1920's. But Gutterson's mark pretty much is the standard.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    started a topic Old High School Records

Old High School Records

At my old high school, Hinsdale Central, in Illinois, the current school record for the long jump is 23 feet that was set in 1930! Does anyone know of a longer standing school record in a track or field event that is still contested?
Working...
X