Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilma Rudolph vs Wyomia Tyus

I've always read alot about Rudolph overcoming polio to win gold at a young age; however, Tyus's accomplishments (2 100 meter golds) appear to be a bit stronger. Who was the better sprinter?

Re: Wilma Rudolph vs Wyomia Tyus

Comment

Ask Ed Temple: "There will never be another Wilma Rudolph", spoken before he got Wyomia to the top of the podium in Tokyo. btw has any other coach "won" 3 straight Olympic 100 finals?

Comment

and I don't count Kersee since Flojo left him shortly before Seoul to be coached by Al.

Comment

Most talented: Rudolph
          Most accomplished: Tyus
          Most important to the history of women's track: Rudolph

Comment

Most talented: Rudolph

Many (most?) physicists would now accept that in one parallel universe, she continued through until Montreal in 1976, and is still the only person to have won 5 consecutive sprint doubles.
            In another, she died before the age of 16 and never ran a race.

Comment

>Ask Ed Temple: "There will never be another Wilma Rudolph", spoken before he
              >got Wyomia to the top of the podium in Tokyo. btw has any other coach "won"
              >3 straight Olympic 100 finals?

I don't know about 3 straight 100m titles.
              But I know that Tom Tellez coached three straight Men's 200m OG winners (1984 LA OG - Carl leiws 19.80s, 1988 Seoul OG - Joe Deloach 19.75s & 1992 Barcelona OG - Mike Marsh 20.01s (19.73s in Semi-final)

Comment

Working...
              X