Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest ACC male T&F Athlete

last week WSatch asked about the best Ivy guy... what about the ACC ? I can think of several obvious possibilities. ( Regrettably I myself, although eligible, am not one of them.)

Re: Greatest ACC male T&F Athlete

Skeets.

Comment

associated EASY trivia question to this is:

name any and all male indiv.. Olympic Champions from the ACC from 1952 to the the present.... haven't even thought about it myself yet.

OK I just took 5 minutes of thinking but no research ( allowed by me but not you ) and it appears there is only 1 !!

Comment

Renaldo Nehemiah (Maryland), Marion Jones (UNC),Dave Sime (Duke,but also played baseball),Fran Costello (Maryland high jumper),

Comment

>Renaldo Nehemiah (Maryland), Marion Jones (UNC),Dave Sime (Duke,but also played
          baseball),Fran Costello (Maryland high jumper),<

Did Jones have a sex change that we don't know about?

Comment

>>Renaldo Nehemiah (Maryland), Marion Jones (UNC),Dave Sime (Duke,but also
            >played
            baseball),Fran Costello (Maryland high jumper),<

Did Jones have a
            >sex change that we don't know about?

and it's Frank not Fran for Costello.

Comment

What Olympics did Nehemiah win? It must have been one I never heard of.

Comment

my question as to the only ACC Olympic winner has not been answered yet.... and it certainly was not Nehemiah, Sime, or Costello.

Comment

If you count a relay gold as a "winner" there are actually three.

Comment

>If you count a relay gold as a "winner" there are actually three.

I wasn't thinking of relayists but who are they ? W/O doing any research( cheating by an answerer) I can't think of any. And it sounds like you know the individual winner so lay it out for us.

Comment

>my question as to the only ACC Olympic winner has not been answered yet.... and
                      >it certainly was not Nehemiah, Sime, or Costello.

Gee, which "only" winner were you thinking of: Allen Johnson (UNC) or Derrick Adkins (Georgia Tech) or Angelo Taylor (Georgia Tech) or Paul Ereng (UVA)?

Comment

>>my question as to the only ACC Olympic winner has not been answered yet....
                        >and
                        >it certainly was not Nehemiah, Sime, or Costello.

Gee, which "only"
                        >winner were you thinking of: Allen Johnson (UNC) or Derrick Adkins (Georgia
                        >Tech) or Angelo Taylor (Georgia Tech) or Paul Ereng (UVA)?

dj you have embarrassed me big time, I am sorry. I was thinking of Ereng only. I will ruin my possible reputation for knowledge if this happens again. Thank you for the correction. How about this relay business ? I actually went through them all man for man and did not identify any ACC relayers. Noe of the above 3 ran on relays at least not in the finals... maybe in heats ?

Comment

>>How about this relay business ? I actually went through them all man for man and did not identify any ACC relayers. Noe of the above 3 ran
                          on relays at least not in the finals... maybe in heats ?<

Antonio McKay?

Comment

What some of you ignoramuses (the ones yelling at others) don't realize is that there are two questions here. First, it was asked who the best ACC athlete was. Then, Steve asked who/how many people were gold medalists.

The Marion Jones thing was wrong, yes.

But naming Skeets as the best ACC athlete does not infringe on any of the rules. He/she was not naming him as an Olympic medalist.

Don't people actually read anymore?

Comment

off the top of my head other GT Oly gold medalists- Antonio McKay, Derek Mills, Ed Hamm (GT wasn't in the ACC at the time- 1928)

Comment

Working...
                              X