Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coe/Ovett/Aouita/Snell ETC. Workouts

I'd love to see some actual sample interval or other sessions of these and other middle-distance legends at their best...

Re: Coe/Ovett/Aouita/Snell ETC. Workouts

I know this isn't what you're looking for but Snell's weekly 22 mile mountain run.

this is more of what you're looking for:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~peterg1/run/aths.html

but don't be confused on the Coe training volume figure: his base phase brought Seb into the 150km/wk range.

Comment

Thanks for the above link. Fascinating stuff.

I'm still looking for evidence that Coe was in the 150 km. range in base training? I know he took regular 10 milers, and some say when giving his weekly figure he didn't count in warmups/warmdowns --

Comment

>Thanks for the above link. Fascinating stuff.

I'm still looking for
        >evidence that Coe was in the 150 km. range in base training? I know he took
        >regular 10 milers, and some say when giving his weekly figure he didn't count
        >in warmups/warmdowns --

personal testimony from peter snell (who spoke with seb) and from irv ray (who spoke with peter coe). I had a nice chat with Snell again eearlier today and every time I have mentioned the Coe-low mileage idea he tells me that it's total bullshit.

Think about this: most people would say that Coe's highest volume was 90km in a week. Okay, Seb didn't count warmups or cooldowns, so let's say three times per week he warms up and cools down 2 miles each way. So, four miles per day three days per week is 12 miles right there. Then, Seb did an easy 8km jog every morning that he didn't count in his weekly totals because it was not a specific workout. That's another 35 miles making 47 miles a week he didn't count or approximately 80km making a base week of 150km.

Comment

sorry for the crappy math. you can figure it out.

Comment

Working...
          X