X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pego
    replied
    Re: Who Am I...? (trivia)

Good luck, Jon. I enjoy these trivia games. You guys can be amazing. The encyclopedic knowledge of you, Stevehj, Satch, or Bijan knocks me right down on my ass (the American, bastardized ass).

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Well done, Bison Hurdler!!!

Sorry I wasn't able to post earlier. I've been away in London all day, as I had a meeting with Paula Radcliffe's agent, as they may want me to do Paula's official website.... I'll hopefully get an answer from them in a couple weeks or so... wish me luck, guys!

Leave a comment:

• Jefferson Buffalo
    replied

>>Although I do still write in English English I do on occasion accidently slip in the bastardised American version...<

Of course, you give yourself away when you spell bastardize that way (without the zed).

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied

>Mark, that should be lazy arse shouldn't it?

Absolutely...my apologies. Although I do still write in English English I do on occasion accidently slip in the bastardised American version...It's tough over here, most people even think I'm an aussie!

Leave a comment:

• spvxv0
    replied

P.T Usha from India is close. Her full name is spelled 'Pillavulakandil Thekeparambil Usha'. She was in the 1985 WC 400m race where Koch set 47.60. Usha set a 400 NR in that race.

But her greatest achievement was in the 84 LA Olympics 400m Hurdles, where she came 4th (55.42) and lost the bronze by .01s. This 55.42 still stands as the Indian national record.

Only problem- She doesn't have 2 s's for Saki!! Don't know any other oriental drink.

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied

Mark, that should be lazy arse shouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Duncan
    replied

>Actually, both "saki" and "sake" are acceptable.
    I was thinking "saki" too but wrote down the other spelling.

I guess the "other event" was the 4x400. The relay angle threw me on this one. Great trivia question!

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

Actually, both "saki" and "sake" are acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied

Oh thank god. That's correct, he did break the UK record 4 times. btw...I do know how to spell saki (I'd prefer spellcheck rather than an edit feature)

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied

OK this is driving me nuts too. Jon when you get your lazy ass out of bed (I calculate it's 4.45am there right now)kindly post the answer. I got fixated on Sake too. I need to actually work tomorrow so don't need a distraction like this! Damn, I spent ages trawling through every list possible. The fact that Steve and wsatch haven't got it means it ain't gonna happen.

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

It's definitely Kriss Akabusi. Doubles spell out "saki".

He was in the Barcelona 400h race, and anchored the European Record 4x4 for Great Britain in Tokyo '91.

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

Kriss Akabusi!!

If it's not him, i give up.

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

Nevermind, scratch that.........wish there was an "edit" button.......

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

Alessandro Lambruschini?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Duncan
    replied

This has been driving me nuts. I need to get a life. I should've been out running tonight instead of trying to figure this out. At first, I'm thinking "sake", with some Finn having the repeating letters. Then maybe "Wilson Kipketer" or "Wilson Boit Kipketer", but I'm shit on foreign booze. I surrender.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X