Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday

What was the automatic time for Armin Hary in 1960 when he became the first to run 10.0 for 100 meters? I'll let you know who gets it first. Good luck.

Re: Happy Birthday

10.25 ....?

Comment

Zurich
      6/21/60

Comment

10.25 is the correct answer. Very good.

Comment

Well, then the ATFS Annual is wrong, because it says 10.16.

Comment

http://trackfield.brinkster.net/Profile ... 9&Gender=M

Comment

Perhaps the 10.16 was the FAT on the first race he ran that day? (it was later ruled a false start, and the race was re-run that evening, and Hary cranked out another 10.0h).

Comment

I'm just going by my 1975 ATFS Annual's All-Time Best list, which gives that time, day and venue for both the 10.0 and the 10.16. A re-run may explain it, but wouldn't the stats mavens have known that by 1975?

Comment

>I'm just going by my 1975 ATFS Annual's All-Time Best list, which gives that
                  >time, day and venue for both the 10.0 and the 10.16. A re-run may explain it,
                  >but wouldn't the stats mavens have known that by 1975?

Yes, I'd kinda be more inclined to believe the ATFS annual. However, I was only going on the resouces I had available to me (my favourite site!)

Comment

Two competitions: 10.0/10.16 on the rolling-start race, 10.0/10.25 in the rerun.

A look at the hand-timing details only shows how iffy timers could be, even at a major international (this was Z├╝rich, after all).

On the first 10.0 the watches read 9.9/9.95[10.0]/10.0, with an "extra watch" at 9.8.
                    On the second they read 10.0/10.0/10.1.

Comment

Working...
                    X