Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Trivia

What's the connection between Georg Lammers and Broderick Crawford? (and a 1- or 2-word answer isn't enough)

Re: Silly Trivia

they were both highway patrolmen?

Comment

Were they lovers?

Comment

>they were both highway patrolmen?>>

Well, I can't swear that Lammers didn't drive a Tiger Tank up and down the autobahn, but no, that wasn't it. Perhaps Lammers is a bit more obscure than I thought, but he is an Olympic 100m bronze medalist.

Comment

I know Lammers took third in the Amsterdam Games 100 and Crawford didn't. I know Lammers had the world record in the 100 and Crawford didn't. My guess is they were both born in December.

Comment

its only two words but TEN- FOUR?

Comment

>its only two words but TEN- FOUR?>>

Original post specified--anticipating this--that it couldn't be a 1- or 2-word answer.

Comment

Lammers wasn't the first to run 10.4 for 100 meters, however he did tie the wr in 1929. Crawford wasn't the first to say "10-4" on a police microphone, however he did say it probably more so than anyone else on television (maybe a tv world record?).

Comment

dang. If I'd thought about it just a while longer, I'd have gotten it! (and felt proud - being a stat nut should be rewarded now and then..)

Comment

Buttermilk has half the answer.

Comment

OK, more help: the half that Buttermilk got right is that Broderick Crawford held the World Record for saying "10-4" the most times. Lammers....

Comment

equalled the 10.4 WR the most?

Comment

>OK, more help: the half that Buttermilk got right is that Broderick Crawford held the World Record for saying "10-4" the most times. Lammers....<

held the world record for equalling the world record of 10.4 the most times. And what they have in common is that neither Crawford's performances nor Lammers's were ever recognized as
                          World Records by the IAAF.

Comment

I give up, tafnut. You beat me by less than a minute (while I was typing, you were posting).

I trust you will agree with me that this really WAS silly.

Comment

You think that was silly? I'm now working on the track part of one where the question involves "Book'm Danno!"

Comment

Working...
                              X