Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Parker

Does anyone out there remember a track and field coach from Mills High School in Millbrae, California, named Ed Parker? I think he had a track group called the Millbrae Lions back in the 1970's.

Another question is: Does anyone know where he lives now? Thanks very much.

This may not help much, but I certainly knew Ed Parker. We "coached" against each other several times in the 60's and 70's.

His athlete I best remember is Marilyn King, a pentathlete who qualified for the OG's more than once.

I found this contact information for her, or you could just Google on her name.
    She would probably know.

To contact Marilyn King please write to:
    Beyond Sports
    484-149 Lake Park Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610

Comment

Thanks nmzoo. I will try that. Thanks very much.

Comment

Ed Parker to be honored at Mills High School Nov 15, 2008

Ed Parker, Head Track Coach, Millbrae Lions Track Club, is to be honored at Mills High School, Millbrae, CA, around 11:00 AM on Saturday. Mills High is celebrating their 50th anniversary and dedicating the newly renovated track to Ed Parker before the homecoming game.
        Details at http://www.millshigh.org/

Homecoming Game - Saturday, November 15, 2008
        All are welcome. Join us for the big game and rededication of our Mills track and field.
        Tickets: $5.00 at the gate on game day.
        Unfortunately, Ed Parker will not be attending. He is living at an assisted living home in Sacramento. Ed will be represented by his daughter, Sharon (me) and at least one former athlete, Leslie Maxie, who graduated from Mills.
        Please try to come if you can get there! There will be a section of the bleachers for family and friends!
        From Sharon (Parker) Garcia
        http:www.shaklee.net/sharon4health

Comment

I remember the Millbrae Lions and Leslie Maxie, both. Excellent age-group team which used to compete against the San Jose Striders, Santa Clara Valley Northstars and others, and fantastic athlete. Congratulations on the award.

Comment

Working...
          X