Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Multiple Accomplishment by 7 Colleges

Starting in 1948, this "multiple" has been achieved 10 times, by 7 different colleges, meaning one of the 7 did it 4 times ! And in one of those 4 times, this school did a triple; all the other 9 times it was a double. It involves men's individual championships, and cannot be done every year. (That 1948 is the starting date is a hint.) Name the 7 schools, including the one 4 timer. For extra credit, name the 20 individual winners that made their schools proud; one of the individuals was part of 2 of the 10 occurrences.

Re: A Multiple Accomplishment by 7 Colleges

I dont think anyone knows where for art you speak my good man

Comment

ok I will make it a lot simpler... it involves the Olympics. Now if nobody cares that's another thing. No rush.

Comment

Much as it pains me to say it :-), I'm with Satch. What question about schools and the Olympics are you trying to ask?

Comment

I'm with gh and satch on this one. I have no idea what you're talking about. I figured out the Olympic part even before you clarified it--what else couldn't be done every year? But the rest of it is just too obscure.

Comment

ok,ok, ok, here it us:

at any Olympics from 1948 onward, in men's individual events, what US colleges had 2 or more individual winners ? Happened 10 times, once with a school having 3 winners.

A big hint on one of the 10 to get you started:

In 1956: Decathlon and Long Jump

Comment

and let me add that they did not necessarily have to be attending that college at the time they won, could have been later or even sooner.

Comment

3 golds for one school is pretty impressive; even more impressive when you stop to think that each of them set a WR that year as well.

Comment

>3 golds for one school is pretty impressive; even more impressive when you stop
                  >to think that each of them set a WR that year as well.

Good work Garry as you are of course correct about the WR's, associated with this one-time, one-school triple OG golds accomplishment.

And since you do not have "amateur status" you are leaving it to others to do the rest.

Comment

I realize the T&FN world is not flooding this board with replies but I am incommunicado until about 8:30 EST so hasta la vista baby.

Comment

>Much as it pains me to say it :-), I'm with Satch. What question about schools
                      >and the Olympics are you trying to ask?

no personal attacks please after a lifetime of abuse Im very sensative poor old satch

Comment

>3 golds for one school is pretty impressive; even more impressive when you stop

UCLA-1992

Comment

Name the 7 schools, including the one 4 timer.

Again has to be UCLA since they got 2 gold in 96.

Comment

>>3 golds for one school is pretty impressive; even more impressive when you
                            >stop

UCLA-1992

UCLA in 1992 is correct with Kevin Young and Mike Marsh.

Comment

>Name the 7 schools, including the one 4 timer.

Again has to be UCLA since
                              >they got 2 gold in 96.

Unless I have lost my mind this is incorrect. UCLA I believe had no winners in 1996.

And there are 11 times for multiple winners, not 10. One school did it 4 times, 1 school did it twice, and 5 have done it once.

So we have 1 down( UCLA in '92) and 10 to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X