Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Lost

Who lost a world record when the IAAF disallowed the time retroactively?

Re: Record Lost

Big Ben, I'd guess.

Comment

(9.83, 1987)

Comment

(and his indoor 6.41)

Comment

Ewa Klobukowska
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Good guesses, however the one I'm after was on the track at an NCAA championships.

Comment

well it was not "on the track" and it may not have been a retroactive revocation, but Gutowski's 15' 9 3/4" PV ( 1957 I think) deserves mention. Never accepted as his pole went under the bar I think... although the vault counted. Go figure.

Comment

>Good guesses, however the one I'm after was on the track at an NCAA
                >championships.

Well, Johnson and Klobukowska are both correct answers to the original question. You shouldn't change the question after it's been answered :-P

I believe Dora Ratjen's HJ record was also ratified before it was discovered she wasn't really a woman and annulled...
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Did this happen to Roddie Haley in the men's 500 y(or some other obscure distance) in the mid '80s. What an incredible talent he was. I think he went to jail on drug charges (buying or selling or something). Correct me if I'm wrong.
                  P.S. I could look all this up on my own, but my wife threw away all my T&FN pre 1998 (which went back to the '80s). If I didn't love her so much I'd.....................

Comment

>Did this happen to Roddie Haley in the men's 500 y(or some other obscure distance) in the mid '80s. Correct me if I'm wrong.<

You're wrong.

>P.S. I could look all this up on my own, but my wife threw away all my T&FN pre 1998 (which went back to the '80s). If I didn't love her so much
                    I'd.....................<

I have much too much track stuff around the house but fortunately, my wife knows perfectly well that I don't love her so much. :-)

Comment

tandfman, your wife threw away your Track & Field News', AND YOU ARE STILL MARRIED TO HER ???!!!

Comment

>tandfman, your wife threw away your Track & Field News', AND YOU ARE STILL
                        >MARRIED TO HER ???!!!

I now see that this comment should be directed at "steve"; it's not me, she'd be my EXwife by now !!!

Comment

Did it happen to Evelyn Ashford during an indoor 50m or 60m race...?

Comment

Here are some more clues: It happened in a sprint race during an Olympic year at the NCAA championships. Name the man, the event, the year, his time, and the reason the IAAF wouldn't accept his record.

Comment

Well, it wasn't an Olympic year, but in 1994 Tim Montgomery set the World Junior Record of 9.96 in the 100 meters at the Community College Championships. The record was later disallowed when it was discovered that the track (100m straightaway) was 3.7 meters short.

Comment

Working...
                              X