Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Schools that produced multiple T&F Hall of Famers

Name at least two high schools that have two different individuals each in the T&F Hall of Fame. In one case both are athletes and in the other one was a coach & one was an athlete.

Re: High Schools that produced multiple T&F Hall of Famers

just an intuitive guess, cannot give you the athletes: Hoover of Glendale

Comment

>just an intuitive guess, cannot give you the athletes: Hoover of Glendale

guess on top of a guess is that one of the Hoover/Glendales was Frank Wykoff.

Comment

Didn't East Tech of Cleveland produce three Hall of Famers?

Comment

satch tries

Comment

RINDGE TECH ,Boston

Comment

Yes one of the schools was East Technical in Cleveland, OH with three hall of famers: Jessie Owens, Harrison Dillard & Dave Albriton.

Just so we don't prolong the agony the second school was North Phoenix High with athlete Dallas Long and his coach Vern Wolfe. Who was the other interscholastic record holder that Vern Wolfe coached at North Phoenix High?

Comment

You can add Glendale (CA), with Frank Wykoff and Dwight Stones. Vern Wolfe coached two other record holders, Jim Brewer (PV) and Karl Johnstone (DT).

Comment

and Rindge Tech, Cambridge MA, with Charlie Jenkins and John Thomas...

Comment

Add Mercersburg Academy with Ted Meredith '12 and Charlie Moore '47 who both attended as high school students, not post-grads. Both were coached by Jimmy Curran, who ought to be in the H/F.

Other OG gold medalists coached by Curran at M'burg were Allen Woodring and Bill Carr (another who ought to be in the H/F.)

Comment

Is Jenkins in the HOF ? Doubtful.

Comment

Steve,

Charlie Jenkins IS in the T&F Hall of Fame.

Comment

well, I just wondered. No knock on him or maybe some others, and I suppose winning an OG indiv. gold might be good enough, but it should not be an automatic ticket of admission IMHO.

Comment

>well, I just wondered. No knock on him or maybe some others, and I suppose
                            >winning an OG indiv. gold might be good enough, but it should not be an
                            >automatic ticket of admission IMHO.

I'm probably belaboring this but I was surprised that Charlie Jenkins is in there. Why not so many others then too such as Biffle, Remigino, Stulce, DeLoach,Joyner(Al), just to name some non superstars that won OG golds ?

Comment

There shouldn't be a question of who is and who isn't in the HOF. It's all on the web. http://www.usatf.org/athletes/hof/

Comment

Working...
                              X