Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stars of yesterday, as they are today

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stars of yesterday, as they are today

    I was flicking through the pics on the IAAF website and stumbled across this one: http://www.iaaf.org/OLY08/photo/index.html#46594
    It's a pic of Lamine Diack with some of the IAAF ambassadors. Most of them in that pic haven't changed, but Ovett doesn't seem to have aged too well. It's also strange to think that Kipketer was competing as recently as 2004 - he looks more than four years older than he did in Athens.

    The ones in this pic aren't great examples, but which athletics greats of yesteryear have dramatically changed - for better or worse - since they hung up their spikes? Fatima Whitbread actually looks better now than she did when she was competing - she is about half the size! Sadly, the same cannot be said for the likes of Rono. Fair play to him for trying to stay involved in the sport, but he is clearly not in the same kind of shape he'd like to be in (and Lord knows, many of us will know how he feels in that regard! ops: )

  • #2
    Borzov has changed dramatically!

    Saw him in Birmingham...somewhere in the face I could see a bit of the old Borzov.

    Funny but I know a sprinter from Russia who ran on a relay with Borsov and he has changed as much as Borsov has.
    He has been out of Russia for a long time but maybe it is the vodka factor?

    Of course us forumites haven't changed abit....at least not moi. :wink: :shock:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mojo
      Of course us forumites haven't changed abit....at least not moi. :wink: :shock:
      Personally I look pretty much just the same as I did 25-30 days ago . . .

      Comment


      • #4
        I look in the mirror and I see the same guy I saw 30-35 years ago. Then I look at a photo of me taken then and I am quickly disabused of that self-deception.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tandfman
          I look in the mirror and I see the same guy I saw 30-35 years ago. Then I look at a photo of me taken and I am quickly disabused of that self-deception.
          You too???

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lonewolf
            Originally posted by tandfman
            I look in the mirror and I see the same guy I saw 30-35 years ago. Then I look at a photo of me taken and I am quickly disabused of that self-deception.
            You too???
            Mirror, mirror on the wall. When I look at you, I wish you would fall :wink:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Stars of yesterday, as they are today

              Originally posted by Jon
              I was flicking through the pics on the IAAF website and stumbled across this one: http://www.iaaf.org/OLY08/photo/index.html#46594
              It's a pic of Lamine Diack with some of the IAAF ambassadors.
              Is baldness contagious??!! Cuz it sure looks like everyone in the room except Marie-José caught it from each other! :shock:

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's one for y'all. Can anyone guess the name of this T&F superstar-turned-goatherd?
                http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/0/5142/z5142140X.jpg
                http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/7/5142/z5142127X.jpg

                (sorry about the pornographic image in the background of the second pic :P )
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jacek Wszola (Polish hj'er)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My favorite is this guy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OK, colorful pallette but I give up, who is it?.

                      Comment


                      • #12


                        The guy on the left is well known. Guy on the right, not so much, but was a good athlete too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                          Jacek Wszola (Polish hj'er)
                          Nooo, Wszola is a lot younger. This guy could be his father.
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Powell
                            Here's one for y'all. Can anyone guess the name of this T&F superstar-turned-goatherd?
                            http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/0/5142/z5142140X.jpg
                            http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/7/5142/z5142127X.jpg

                            (sorry about the pornographic image in the background of the second pic :P )
                            Jozef Schmidt...it's the nose.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lonewolf
                              OK, colorful pallette but I give up, who is it?.
                              Is that Al Feuerbach?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X