Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas/Brutal,

I'm completing my own list of all of the sub-10 guys who attended US schools. I have the following guys as the only sub-10s not to have competed for a US school. See any errors here?

Asafa Powell
    Donovan Bailey
    Linford Christie
    Francis Obikwelu
    Bruny Surin (LSU?) ....nope!!!!!!!!!!
    Seun Ogunkoya
    Dwain Chambers
    Deji Aliu
    Olusoji Fasuba
    Abdul Aziz Zakari
    Uchenna Emedolu
    Samuel Francis
    Jason Gardener
    Silvio Leonard
    Ronald Pognon

Add

Nesta Carter
    Darrell Brown

Also, did any of these guys compete for any schools other than their 4-year (JCs or previous 4-years)?

Not sure I understand the question. I will list the schools they went to.

Fredericks ....BYU
    Crawford....Eastern Michigan
    D. Ezinwa ....Azusa (along with his brother Ozmond a 10.0? guy)
    Calvin Smith ....Alabama
    O. Adeniken ....UTEP
    Martina .....UTEP
    Oba Thompson ....UTEP
    D. Effiong ....Central Ariz CC/Lubbock
    Myles-Mills ....BYU
    Ray Stewart ....TCU
    Vincent Henderson ....Arkansas
    Joshua Johnson ....Panhandle State JC
    Mel Lattany .....Georgia
    Rodney Martin .....So. Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
      I'm talking a USA college/University. What's a ..school..to you?
      Over here, school is for someone up to the age of sixteen. After that, if they are still in full time education they are at either College or University. No one I know of would refer to either College or University as "school" (except if they meant it in a derogatory way).

Amongst themselves, students would be likely to call it "class" as in, "I have class tomorrow...". Parents always call it University, to show how proud they are of their children.

Martin
      the baton is meant to be passed on

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonshirt
        I'm talking a USA college/University. What's a ..school..to you?
        Over here, school is for someone up to the age of sixteen. After that, if they are still in full time education they are at either College or University. No one I know of would refer to either College or University as "school" (except if they meant it in a derogatory way).

Amongst themselves, students would be likely to call it "class" as in, "I have class tomorrow...". Parents always call it University, to show how proud they are of their children.

Martin
        Totally different here in America....

paste....

The Ivy League is an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education located in the Northeastern United States. The term is most commonly used to refer to those eight*** schools**** considered as a group.[1] The term also has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions, and a reputation for social elitism.

The term became official, especially in sports terminology, after the formation of the NCAA Division I athletic conference in 1954,[2] when much of the nation polarized around favorite college teams. The use of the phrase is no longer limited to athletics, and now represents an educational philosophy inherent to the nation's oldest ****schools****

All of the Ivy League's institutions place near the top in the U.S. News & World Report college and university rankings and rank within the top one percent of the world's academic institutions in terms of financial endowment. Seven of the eight***** schools***** were founded during America's colonial period; the exception is Cornell, which was founded in 1865. Ivy League institutions, therefore, account for seven of the nine Colonial Colleges chartered before the American Revolution. The Ivies are all located in the Northeast geographic region of the United States. They are privately owned and controlled, although many of them receive funding in the form of research grants from federal and state governments. Only Cornell has state-supported academic units, termed "statutory" or "contract" colleges, that are a part of the institution.

Comment

Totally different here in America...
          So after leaving High School, a student would then progress to School.

I can see how that would make sense. :lol:

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonshirt
            Totally different here in America...
            So after leaving High School, a student would then progress to School.

I can see how that would make sense. :lol:

Martin
            You're not getting it. You aren't out of...school...until you stop attending classes and get a job. Then school is out as far as you're concerned.

Work with me here....ok?

Billy Bob Bodine is a stud QB at Lakeland High School in Lakeland Mississippi. Every "school" in the nation is calling him and sending him letters. At 6-4 235 pounds, a rocket for an arm and 4.45 speed he's just what ther doctor ordered for any NCAA program. Now when he is asked about what "schools" are recruiting him, he'll start rattling off...USC,Ohio State, Florida, LSU etc etc etc. People will ask him..."what school" you going to attend"........trust me on this one...ok? Here in the states, anywhere you are a student, you'll be at a school....ok? It's not about levels of education...ok?

Comment

You're not getting it.
              Well, actually I think I am getting it. Your explantion was very good, thank you.

I think what happened is that my attempt at humour backfired, and I apologise for that.

Martin

Comment

Also, did any of these guys compete for any schools other than their 4-year (JCs or previous 4-years)?

Fredericks ....BYU
                Calvin Smith ....Alabama
                O. Adeniken ....UTEP
                Martina .....UTEP
                Oba Thompson ....UTEP
                Myles-Mills ....BYU
                Ray Stewart ....TCU
                Mel Lattany .....Georgia
                Thanks. I had all of those (with the exception of Effiong at Cen Ariz, which is what I meant -- did any of the guys listed attend a JuCo or transfer to their known school from elsewhere (e.g., Marcus Brunson's Wyoming to AzState).

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM

Fredericks ....BYU
                  Calvin Smith ....Alabama
                  O. Adeniken ....UTEP
                  Martina .....UTEP
                  Oba Thompson ....UTEP
                  Myles-Mills ....BYU
                  Ray Stewart ....TCU
                  Mel Lattany .....Georgia
                  Thanks. I had all of those (with the exception of Effiong at Cen Ariz, which is what I meant -- did any of the guys listed attend a JuCo or transfer to their known school from elsewhere (e.g., Marcus Brunson's Wyoming to AzState).
                  I don't think so but don't really follow that type of thing that closely...so???

Comment

Working...
                  X