Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mixed emotions about Jim Morrison. He was an Army buddy of mine. He as also a defensive back on the University of Oklahoma football team circa 1951-52 who mistreated my Oklahoma A&M Cowboys sumthin fierce.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      I have mixed emotions about Jim Morrison. He was an Army buddy of mine..
      I don't think so.

Comment

Just look at those haircuts!

I have never seen a real life edition of T&FN in my entire life, so I would never have found that. Thanks.

I just can't get over the fact you had 40 guys in your x-country team. The team I was on, some weeks we were doing really well to have six turn up for the meet, and one of those would wait until we got there to realise he had only one running shoe with him!

Martin
        the baton is meant to be passed on

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
          Rumors of Jim Morrison's demise are greatly exaggerated. He was a college teammate of mine.
          Originally posted by Cottonshirt
          Which one, the singer or the runner?
          I'll give you a hint: Track and Field News.
          I have never seen a real life edition of T&FN in my entire life, so I would never have found that. Thanks.
          The Track and Field News hint was to remind you this isn't the Rock and Roll News.com message board.

I just can't get over the fact you had 40 guys in your x-country team. The team I was on, some weeks we were doing really well to have six turn up for the meet,
          I'm surprised that there were only 40 in that photo. The two co-captains of the team aren't in that photo, plus I'd guess at least 10 more aren't there either. The only requirements we had for participation was a commitment to show up every day, and of course, no whining. It made for a very positive environment in which everyone, no matter what their level, was encouraged to excel.

Comment

I don't think so.]
            Whaaaa???? There is more than one Jim Morrisson?? :shock:

Comment

Tony (Colon) won the (Golden West) mile in 1970, in the exact same time as Steve Prefontaine the year before, and 2 whole seconds faster than Marty Liquori.

I also notice that Jim Morrison won it in 1972
              I don't think so.
              Whaaaa???? There is more than one Jim Morrisson?? :shock:
              There's only one Jim Morrison from Yardley, PA, who won the Golden West mile in 1972, and he was never in the Army.

I'm sure that you know other Mark Parkers, as well, but that one in the picture is the CEO of Nike. The Steve Balmer in the picture is not the CEO of Microsoft, however.

Comment

Working...
              X