Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Next Year

Which Olympic champion turns 49 years old today (Friday)? Here are some hints: He won his gold medal running one lap of an Asian track some twenty years ago. He defeated a two-time Olympic champion in winning his gold medal. He could do an excellent Stevie Wonder impression. Name this Olympic champion with a birthday today.

Andre Phillips.

1988 400m H 1st 47.19

Martin
    the baton is meant to be passed on

Comment

You got it Cottonshirt. Today Andre Phillips is 49 years old. Happy birthday to the Olympic champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Double R Bar
        You got it Cottonshirt. Today Andre Phillips is 49 years old. Happy birthday to the Olympic champion.
        RR Bar, you gave too many hints this time.

Comment

OK, I'll make it harder next time.

Comment

Other top american athletes who had birthdays in august include greg foster, 50 , mel lattany 49 and roger kingdom 46.

Seems like yesterday when I was a kid watching these great athletes on BBC tv. I turned 40 this august too. I should be happy but I'm still trying to contemplate what that means. :?

Comment

I had the honor of having Andre beat the stink out of me in a heat of the 1978 Junior Nationals in Bloomington, Indiana. I recall having quite a bit of wind-burn from the rush as he went past........... ops:

Comment

Working...
              X