Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Remember Musician Lilo Thomas....

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Remember Musician Lilo Thomas....

...as a world class track athlete? I can't remember him in track, believe it or not. But I remember the great music he put out in the 1980s. Just asking.

Re: Anyone Remember Musician Lilo Thomas....

>...as a world class track athlete? I can't remember him in track, believe it
    >or not. But I remember the great music he put out in the 1980s. Just asking.

Here is what it says about him at http://www.allmusic.com/

"Lillo Thomas was a world-class sprinter at 16, setting the world record for the 200 meters at 20.8 seconds. But an automobile accident in Brazil prevented him from appearing in the 1984 Olympics, for which he had qualified."

They have a function where you can tell them about errors. I am assuming that is an age 16 record?

Comment

Clinton Davis ran 20.39 at age 16 back in '82, so I think not.

Comment

null

Comment

that 20.8 was down in the 1970's my frien i believe while he was in thomas jefferson h.s brooklyn nyc 1975 i believe

Comment

i remember well he was even fast when he was in junior h.s running 23 and 22 in the 220 he one the junior h.s city champs back in 1973, the rest is history including a super 20.6 in 74 or 75 in queens ny meet this guy was a jet engine supremely powerful an graceful if ever there was a god given talent this was it but he also had a second talent an that was musis he toured with melba moore back in the late seventies if i recall correctly. yeah i think he would have surprised alot of people if it not for his injure,back in those days in nyc there were alot of fas guys young super fast other interest splinting ther time between track an other talents
            anyway that is a little bit about lillo thomas

Comment

How about the jazz musician Vinx, formerly known as Vince Parette, triple jumper from Kansas State.

From vinx.com. "Who is Vinx? Most people know him as…One man. One voice. One drum. As you will discover, Vinx is much more. Vinx’s music transcends languages and borders. This is evident from his international touring schedule and cult-like popularity. Vinx has taken the wisdom of his mother to heart. She often told him that "You can’t sing of life unless you live."

So… the journey starts in 1976, when Vinx attended Kansas State University on a track scholarship. In 1977, hate nearly took away Vinx’s athletic career and his life when racists burned down his house, along with the home of another black family living in his Kansas City suburb. Vinx was severely burnt by the fire. He overcame his injuries and three years later made the world’s second longest leap in the triple jump. This qualified Vinx for the 1980 Moscow Olympics. When President Jimmy Carter called for an Olympic boycott that year, Vinx’s athletic goals were put on hold." Story continues on his web site.

Comment

Second-longest INDOOR jump of the year; No. 9 overall.

Comment

Working...
                X