Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas..?

Maurice Greene, Jim Ryun, Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders were all born there. Hmmmm?

So was Glenn Cunningham.

Comment

And, Wes Santee

Comment

America's best 100m man, some of it's greatest milers. and it's two most exciting running backs, all born in Kansas. I'll be damn!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
          America's best 100m man, some of it's greatest milers. and it's two most exciting running backs, all born in Kansas. I'll be damn!
          Id rate Carl ahead of Maurice Greene, but he was certainly a rare great and he was also the second multiple and repeat Olympic sprint medalist from the state of Kansas.
          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
            Id rate Carl ahead of Maurice Greene, but he was certainly a rare great and he was also the second multiple and repeat Olympic sprint medalist from the state of Kansas.
            Mo ran how many races faster than Carl's Pr?

Now add John Riggins who many consider the greaest white running back in NFL history, he was also born in Kansas.

Comment

Archie San Romani was another outstanding miler who was born in Kansas.

There is, in fact, a Kansas Sports Hall of Fame, but not everyone in it was born in Kansas. Some just went to school there (examples - Al Oerter, who was born in New York, and Billy Mills, who was born in South Dakota).

http://www.kshof.org/hof-search.cfm

Comment

Now add John Riggins who many consider the greatest white running back in NFL history, he was also born in Kansas.
                Tex, you are the only person in this limited universe who cares who has the "fastest PR",... I dont even consider Carl's PR to be his "fastest" race.. Neither Mo nor the "later" Carl can compare to Carl's 1984 Olympic 100m win.

Cunningham like Ryun was packed with talent,
                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Now add John Riggins who many consider the greatest white running back in NFL history, he was also born in Kansas.
                  Tex, you are the only person in this limited universe who cares who has the "fastest PR",... I dont even consider Carl's PR to be his "fastest" race.. Neither Mo nor the "later" Carl can compare to Carl's 1984 Olympic 100m win.

Cunningham like Ryun was packed with talent,
                  Oh really? You might wanna tell all those football coachs that those 40's don't mean anything so why bother...ok? Then get rid of all those high school, JC, NCAA, USA , olympic and world records, they mean nothing. Also get rid of qualifying marks they are useless. Who cares about school records....right? So what if Bolt set three world records at the last Olympics..right? "You".. might ignore how fast somebody can run, I and anyone into the sport of track and field doesn't. It's all about times/marks/distances...where you been? Why was there talk about the 1935 Big10 Championships? Oh yeah, Jesse Owens set/tied how many world records? Tell Bob Beamon that 29 feet was....ho hum.

Mo Greene was the faster sprinter, that's why he ran sooooooooooooo many faster races. Now you can play pretend if you like, I prefer reality. Mo had how many sub 9.85's? How many did Carl have? Oh yeah......none!

Comment

it's two most exciting running backs, all born in Kansas.
                    Jim Brown wasn't born in Kansas. I consider being the greatest running back ever pretty exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
                      it's two most exciting running backs, all born in Kansas.
                      Jim Brown wasn't born in Kansas. I consider being the greatest running back ever pretty exciting.
                      Totally disagree.

Jimmy Brown was not all that exciting, I know I saw him play many times. Yes he had some great runs but nothing like we saw coming from Sayers and Sanders. Brown knew he could run over people so he did. That wasn't Sayers/Sanders game. They made you miss and had far more speed and elusiveness than Brown. No not his power obviously. Don't get me wrong, Jim Brown was the greatest ever. He was the total package. He just wasn't the most exciting.

Comment

Oh really? You might wanna tell all those football coachs that those 40's don't mean anything so why bother...ok? .....................
                        Mo Greene was the faster sprinter, that's why he ran sooooooooooooo many faster races. Now you can play pretend if you like, I prefer reality. Mo had how many sub 9.85's? How many did Carl have? Oh yeah......none!
                        Tex, come on now, don't get your panties in a twist, you know we have been over and over and over this for one hundred times.. my comments are no surprise to you, you know exactly what I am getting at. Comparing a PR from 2000 with a PR from 1984 is like comparing a CPU clock time from 1984 with one from 2000.. ok it is not that bad... but methods, meds and millions have an impact. Mo may well be the greatest native Kansan sprinter, just barely besting Baker but he is not the equal of King Carl. (Just one mans opinion, followed by a chorus of millions shouting Amen)

Comment

Oh really? You might wanna tell all those football coachs that those 40's don't mean anything so why bother...ok? .....................
                          Tex, come on now, don't get your panties in a twist, you know we have been over and over and over this for one hundred times.. you know exactly what I am getting at. Comparing a PR from 2000 with a PR from 1984 is like comparing a CPU clock time from 1984 with one from 2000.. ok it is not that bad... but methods, meds and millions have an impact.
                          I always say....compare times from 1900 and 1930. You'll find the 1930 times far superior. Now what big advantage did guys in the 30's have over those in 1900? Well?

Comment

I always say....compare times from 1900 and 1930. You'll find the 1930 times far superior. Now what big advantage did guys in the 30's have over those in 1900? Well?
                            Not really far superior, but the training methods and track conditions were certainly much improved from the 1900s to the 1930s.

King Carl was just a superior dash man, 100m included, relative to Mo Greene, and Mo Greene is in a very small circle of greats directly behind Carl.

Comment

Not really far superior, but the training methods and track conditions were certainly much improved from the 1900s to the 1930s.

King Carl was just a superior dash man, 100m included, relative to Mo Greene, and Mo Greene is in a very small circle of greats directly behind Carl.
                              I doubt there were any differences at all and if there were they were few and small. People just get faster. We see it in the high schools. Kids breaking school records doing the same training and running on the same tracks the record setter was using.

No Carl Lewis wasn't a superior sprinter, where in the hell did you get that idea? Who holds the 60m record? Who ran those sub 9.80's? How many sub 9.86 guys did Lewis line up against? Mo ran faster vs better competition....you disagree?

Comment

Working...
                              X