Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best 4x 200m relay in history ?...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your best 4x 200m relay in history ?...

    My unbeatable would be :

    1- Michael JOHNSON
    2- Usain BOLT
    3- Tyson GAY
    4- Tommie SMITH or Carl LEWIS

  • #2
    Not to be disrespectful of my man Tyson, but I would probably replace him with either Carl Lewis of Frankie Fredericks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Your best 4x 200m relay in history ?...

      Originally posted by 79.
      My unbeatable one would be :

      1- Michael JOHNSON
      2- Usain BOLT
      3- Tyson GAY
      4- Tommie SMITH or Carl LEWIS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
        Not to be disrespectful of my man Tyson, but I would probably replace him with either Carl Lewis of Frankie Fredericks.
        Frankie FREDERICKS was a remarkable 200m specialist - easily among the
        top-8 in history- but to my mind Tyson is a superior 200 m sprinter, probably
        a sub-19"50 potential...

        Comment


        • #5
          tyson's nearly 0.1s quicker over 100m than frankie ever was & tyson's a better 200 runner than he is a 100

          Comment


          • #6
            Starting off....Usain Bolt
            Second....Michael Johnson
            Third...Frankie Fredericks
            Anchor....Tommie Smith

            "B"

            Starting off....Tyson Gay
            Second....John Carlos
            Third...Mike Marsh
            Anchor...Carl Lewis

            "C"

            Starting off....Wallace Spearmon
            Second....Shawn Crawford
            Third....Xavier Carter
            Anchor...Ato Boldon

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Texas
              Third....Xavier Carter
              Jesse Owens and Henry Carr out... Xavier Carter in?
              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by paulthefan
                Originally posted by Texas
                Third....Xavier Carter
                Jesse Owens and Henry Carr out... Xavier Carter in?
                Xavier Carter is a 10.00/19.63/sub 45.00 guy. Those performances are just tooooooooooooo far superior to what we saw from Owens and Carr. I know Carter is 19.63 guy, he actually ran that. To go off into..."well if Owens and Carr ran on ......"...that gets tired bro..ok? The facts are this...Carter really is a 19.63 guy......ok?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gay's best is a bit better than Fredericks' best, but Fredericks had such remarkable consistency, always pushing MJ to the limit and would even beat him if MJ made a small mistake.

                  My team would be as follows:

                  A team
                  Leadoff: Usain Bolt
                  2nd: Frankie Fredericks
                  3rd: Tyson Gay
                  Anchor: Michael Johnson

                  B team
                  Leadoff: Mike Marsh
                  2nd: Carl Lewis
                  3rd: Don Quarrie
                  Anchor: Wallace Spearmon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Texas
                    Originally posted by paulthefan
                    Originally posted by Texas
                    Third....Xavier Carter
                    Jesse Owens and Henry Carr out... Xavier Carter in?
                    Xavier Carter is a 10.00/19.63/sub 45.00 guy. Those performances are just tooooooooooooo far superior to what we saw from Owens and Carr. I know Carter is 19.63 guy, he actually ran that. To go off into..."well if Owens and Carr ran on ......"...that gets tired bro..ok? The facts are this...Carter really is a 19.63 guy......ok?
                    it is not at all tired for me, Carr demolishes Carter head to head. nuff said, no more rain from me. Also Carlos was a mega talent for sure but Im sure you and I with totally different calculus and results, can find others not listed above that are superior.
                    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by paulthefan
                      Originally posted by Texas
                      Originally posted by paulthefan
                      Originally posted by Texas
                      Third....Xavier Carter
                      Jesse Owens and Henry Carr out... Xavier Carter in?
                      Xavier Carter is a 10.00/19.63/sub 45.00 guy. Those performances are just tooooooooooooo far superior to what we saw from Owens and Carr. I know Carter is 19.63 guy, he actually ran that. To go off into..."well if Owens and Carr ran on ......"...that gets tired bro..ok? The facts are this...Carter really is a 19.63 guy......ok?
                      it is not at all tired for me, Carr demolishes Carter head to head. nuff said, no more rain from me. Also Carlos was a mega talent for sure but Im sure you and I with totally different calculus and results, can find others not listed above that are superior.
                      I saw Carr run many times, nobody was ever smoother. He simply floated. I know all about his exploits at ASU as a 4x4 anchorman on that potent Sun Devil squad. He was also a 9.3 guy. As we all know he was given the 4x4 anchor duties on our Oly 4x4 teamed based on his rep.Yes he was great! He however was a 20.2 guy. No not 19.92 or 19.82 or 19.72...ok? We don't know what he might have ran now do we? We do know that Carter is a 19.63 guy, don't we? To go around.."well if he was great in the 30's, 40's..etc.." There's no gurantee of that. All you can do is speculate. I prefer to go with what really happened. I'm a huge Bob Hayes fan and do think if he'd hung around we see a 9.85 in 1968. Does Bullet Bob beat Usain Bolt in 2008? I doubt it.

                      John Carlos was running sub 20.00 in 68. I think that's a great time for the 60's. Telling me he belongs any talk of 200m/4x2.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Texas
                        Starting off....Usain Bolt
                        Second....Michael Johnson
                        Third...Frankie Fredericks
                        Anchor....Tommie Smith
                        how does frankie get ranked ahead of tyson ?

                        if you hadn't noticed, tyson in a part career has already run faster than ff ever did

                        for that matter, King's 19.75 & marsh's 19.73 both easing down, are superior to frankie's 19.68 flat-out

                        extending that, how does smith, a 19.83 guy get in ahead of all these guys ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Texas

                          I saw Carr run many times, nobody was ever smoother. He simply floated. I know all about his exploits at ASU as a 4x4 anchorman on that potent Sun Devil squad. He was also a 9.3 guy. As we all know he was given the 4x4 anchor duties on our Oly 4x4 teamed based on his rep.Yes he was great! He however was a 20.2 guy. No not 19.92 or 19.82 or 19.72...ok? We don't know what he might have ran now do we? We do know that Carter is a 19.63 guy, don't we? To go around.."well if he was great in the 30's, 40's..etc.." There's no gurantee of that. All you can do is speculate. I prefer to go with what really happened. I'm a huge Bob Hayes fan and do think if he'd hung around we see a 9.85 in 1968. Does Bullet Bob beat Usain Bolt in 2008? I doubt it.

                          John Carlos was running sub 20.00 in 68. I think that's a great time for the 60's. Telling me he belongs any talk of 200m/4x2.
                          I can help you, I saw Carter run, yes he was very good, saw him run NCAA 4x4 duties, he had a great rep. But we dont know what he might have run in 1960s, or 50s.. we just dont know, could he have run a 20.4, I seriously doubt it. ok? There is no guarantee, All you can do is speculate. I prefer to go with what really happen and we do know that Carr ran a 20.3, in 1964 on dirt dont we?
                          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            we do have to take modern tracks as "it"

                            fast & hard, Don
                            as the colour commentator on cuevas/hearns said ( best ripping away of a title i ever read & then saw )

                            carr's 20.36 on dirt into a 0.7 wasn't beaten for 7y, auto, until...

                            20" 30. Valeriy Borzov (19"83), URS, 13 Aug 71, Helsinki
                            20" 28. Larry Black (19"83), USA, 03 Sep 72, München
                            20" 00. Valeriy Borzov (19"83), URS, 04 Sep 72, München
                            19" 96. Pietro Mennea (19"72), ITA, 17 Aug 80, Barletta
                            19" 75. Carl Lewis (19"72), USA, 19 Jun 83, Indianapolis
                            19" 75. Joe DeLoach (19"72), USA, 28 Sep 88, Seoul
                            19" 73. Michael Marsh (19"72), USA, 05 Aug 92, Barcelona

                            call carr's run 20.30 with 0 wind

                            cinder/synthetic conversions quoted ibid as ~ 1.0s/lap ->

                            19.80+

                            those curves were 100/100 as opposed to 116/84

                            i got an estimate of ~ 0.1s handicap

                            ( i have to find it ( i'm pissed off, it was one calculation i'd been asking JRM for years ( & he woudn't answer ) - what woud frankie's 19.82 in oslo ( 105/95 ) be worth on a 116/84 ? ) )

                            that gives carr a step-onto...

                            19.70+

                            bottom line, tex :

                            start thinking - you seem to refuse to contemplate anything beyond a narrow contemplative :

                            evolve...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Texas
                              Originally posted by paulthefan
                              Originally posted by Texas
                              Third....Xavier Carter
                              Jesse Owens and Henry Carr out... Xavier Carter in?
                              Xavier Carter is a 10.00/19.63/sub 45.00 guy. Those performances are just tooooooooooooo far superior to what we saw from Owens and Carr. I know Carter is 19.63 guy, he actually ran that. To go off into..."well if Owens and Carr ran on ......"...that gets tired bro..ok? The facts are this...Carter really is a 19.63 guy......ok?
                              Ten years from now there will be another poster on this board who will be an expert in sprinters and sprinting. He will be far superior at this to Texas as he will know far more than Texas. Not that Texas does not know a lot now, but this person will know things Texas cannot yet know because they have not yet happened. His overall depth of knowledge in sprinting will probably not be as good as Texas's overall, but he will be superior to him because it will be 10 years from now and he will know what has happened 2009-2018, which Texas does not yet know. In fact, by 2018 Texas will not even be in the top 10 of sprinting knowledge because he knows nothing about what is going to happen in the next 10 years.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X