Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dj
    Originally posted by BillVol
    Interesting to look through the results. I wonder if Billy Hardin, LSU hurdler, was related to Slats?
    Son. One of only a few father-son U.S. track Olympian combos. Maybe the only father-son U.S. combo?

I'm forgetting the answer to the old trivia question.
    The Ablowiches.. not both Olympians but I think the Dad was.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
      Originally posted by dj
      Interesting to look through the results. I wonder if Billy Hardin, LSU hurdler, was related to Slats?
      Son. One of only a few father-son U.S. track Olympian combos. Maybe the only father-son U.S. combo?

I'm forgetting the answer to the old trivia question.
      The Ablowiches.. not both Olympians but I think the Dad was.
      Yes, Dad Ed was on the '32 gold-medal 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
        As you might know he was also a footballer. He'd play defensive back for the Giants and then the Cowboys. Not much of an NFL career.
        Average length of an NFL career is about 3.5 years. He lasted 5. I think "not much of career" is a bit dismissive.

Comment

Flowers has a 9.4 100 yard PR, so it appears he ran the 100. I have little doubts he also ran on that Vols 4x1 team. Don't know anything about him doing anything in the 100 or the relay however other than that PR......
          Ran in a World Record 4x1.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            As you might know he was also a footballer. He'd play defensive back for the Giants and then the Cowboys. Not much of an NFL career.
            Average length of an NFL career is about 3.5 years. He lasted 5. I think "not much of career" is a bit dismissive.
            Would you like for me to list a long list of players you've never heard of who lasted longer than 5 years? Check out Flowers stats and tell me what you see?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              Flowers has a 9.4 100 yard PR, so it appears he ran the 100. I have little doubts he also ran on that Vols 4x1 team. Don't know anything about him doing anything in the 100 or the relay however other than that PR......
              Ran in a World Record 4x1.
              Who all was on that team?

Comment

You're the know-it-all, you figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  You're the know-it-all, you figure it out.
                  I don't know it all, just track and football :wink:

Comment

Anybody brave enough to try to answer the relay question?

Comment

Texas your honor is on the line! Give it a shot, for crying out loud. Needless to say, I don't know...

Comment

tick-tick-tick.....

Comment

Texas your honor is on the line! Give it a shot, for crying out loud. Needless to say, I don't know...
                          It's a trick question :lol:

Comment

He may have been on a SHR WR team. Vols had some good hurdlers in that era...Pat Pomphrey, Bill High, Flowers. Don't think they were all in school at same time. Pat's ex Marilyn is a good friend of mine. Name droppin.

Comment

I wonder if Obama can pump up production at these sprint factories and use them for job creation in the manufacturing sector?
                              "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Originally posted by mrbowie
                                I wonder if Obama can pump up production at these sprint factories and use them for job creation in the manufacturing sector?
                                Not sure about that but if we had an all presidents 4x1 relay I have Obama running anchor 8-)

Comment

Working...
                                X