Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Per Andersen
    Austin probably lost his best years between '91 and 96 with his knee problems. He was already 28 in '96.
    At home in San Marcos, '95 I think, he nearly left up 8' at a college meet. Was clean until his calves hit it.

He has a pretty successful personal training business. John Starks of the NY Knicks was one of his first clients back in the day...http://www.sohighsports.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
      Dietmar, did they show Austin's 2.46 attempts on TV (NBC?). I can't remember .

I just dug out my T&FN issue from the Olympics (Oct. issue). Sure, Austin took three tries at 2.46 but "Only the first was even reasonably close"

Austin probably lost his best years between '91 and 96 with his knee problems. He was already 28 in '96.

Just so we have our ducks in order: Partyka had one miss at 2.39 and then passed to 2.41.
      Ha, nope! NBC showed Partyka's 2.37 monster clearance and Austin's 2.39. They then showed Partyka's final attempt of the competition at 2.41 which was extremely close. I never saw any of Austin's 2.46 jumps from Atlanta. However, I saw all three of his attempts at 2.45 in Zurich and they were even closer than Sjoberg's attempts at 2.44 in NY (89').

I also feel that Conway, much like Austin, spent his best years injured.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
      X