Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• books

A couple things--new to me--just received from amazonuk; not sure if everyone here knows about them or not:

Jim Hogan, The Irishman Who Ran for England (Currach Press, 2008) and Ronnie Delaney, Staying the Distance (O'Brien Press, 2006). The Delaney book looks particularly good, with many illustrations.

Any other recent historical publications we should know about?

Re: books

Originally posted by kuha
    A couple things--new to me--just received from amazonuk; not sure if everyone here knows about them or not:

Jim Hogan, The Irishman Who Ran for England (Currach Press, 2008) and Ronnie Delaney, Staying the Distance (O'Brien Press, 2006). The Delaney book looks particularly good, with many illustrations.

Any other recent historical publications we should know about?
    An oxymoron perhaps??

Comment

Well, yes, absolutely, but I've learned to ignore such personal insults.

:shock: :arrow: :wink:

Comment

Isn't Hogan the guy who is famous in Tokyo Olympiad for dropping out of both the 10,000 and the marathon?

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
          Isn't Hogan the guy who is famous in Tokyo Olympiad for dropping out of both the 10,000 and the marathon?
          Yup. He had better years in '65 and '66--biggest success was winning the '66 European Champs marathon in Budapest.

This book includes the chapter on Hogan from Clarke's The Lonely Breed. That book is really superb--it had a huge impact on me when I read it in HS just after it came out. It's a shame it's so hard to find now...

Comment

Re: books

I've ordered from them. I occasionally go there if I'm looking for something that I know was published in the UK and I can't find on amazon.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
              Yup. He had better years in '65 and '66--biggest success was winning the '66 European Champs marathon in Budapest.

This book includes the chapter on Hogan from Clarke's The Lonely Breed. That book is really superb--it had a huge impact on me when I read it in HS just after it came out. It's a shame it's so hard to find now...

What, 8 copies aren't enough?
              Ho, ho. ho.....

Comment

No Limit: Wieviel Doping vertrÃĪgt die Gesellschaft von Ines Geipel

Das Sportbuch DDR von Volker Kluge

Sonia: My Story by Sonia O'Sullivan

Scottie by Norman Harris

Comment

This book includes the chapter on Hogan from Clarke's The Lonely Breed. That book is really superb--it had a huge impact on me .
                  Couldn't agree more. Excellent book. Easy to pick up and read a chapter and get inspired just like 40 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X