Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x200

Love the 4x2, too bad we rarely see it ran. So what schools...hmm?

lane

1.UCLA...Mike Marsh..Danny Everett..Millard Hampton..Ato Boldon
    2.Florida...Bernard Williams..Aaron Armstrong..Dennis Mitchell..John Capel
    3.LSU..Roshann Griffin...Kelly Willie..Richard Thompson..Xavier Carter
    4.Arkansas...Wallace Spearmon..Jimmy French...Wallace Spearmon Jr..Tyson Gay
    5.USC...Don Quarrie...Clancy Edwards..James Sanford...Mel Patton
    6.Houston...Kirk Baptiste...Leroy Burrell...Joe DeLoach...Carl Lewis
    7.Tennessee...Jeff Phillips...Reggie Jones...Darwin Bond...Justin Gatlin
    8.TCU..Phil Epps...Darvis Patton..Jon Drummond...Kim Collins
    9.San Jose State...John Carlos...R.R.Smith..Ray Norton..Tommie Smith

that houston team looks scary, eh...
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

I might use Lee Evans instead of Smith for Speed City...

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
        It would be between them and San Jose, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
          evans over rey smith at 200m.... are you sure about that ?
          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

I said "might" ... it's tough to leave Evans off a SJS sprint relay team!

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
              good call.. nevertheless I would not expect USC to be more than a step behind at the finish only after leading all in the first two legs.

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                R.R. Smith was the superior 200m man.

Comment

good call.. nevertheless I would not expect USC to be more than a step behind at the finish only after leading all in the first two legs.
                  quarrie was good but a prime marsh of '92 form cleans his pipes as woud wally on a good day ( 6'3 guy who eats up the stretch )

i also like baptiste over him - 2nd fastest all-time low alitude back in '84 & i'm a believer that big bernard was the worst underachiever in last decade over 200m - a 20.2 run off a 0.4 - 0.5RT in zurich or berlin back in '03 or '04 & i saw him hunt down the zebra after giving him a 2m lead back in '04

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

quarrie was good but a prime marsh of '92 form cleans his pipes as woud wally on a good day ( 6'3 guy who eats up the stretch )

i also like baptiste over him - 2nd fastest all-time low alitude back in '84 & i'm a believer that big bernard was the worst underachiever in last decade over 200m - a 20.2 run off a 0.4 - 0.5RT in zurich or berlin back in '03 or '04 & i saw him hunt down the zebra after giving him a 2m lead back in '04
                    You are conveniently ignoring the second legs my friend. I thought Quarrie was the equal of the two you mention but Sanford I see as superior to the fellow follwing baptiste.

Comment

You are conveniently ignoring the second legs my friend. I thought Quarrie was at least the equal of the two you mention but Clancy I see as superior to Burrel,

Comment

leroy hardly ever ran a 200, but when he did get it right, he whupped mj 19.61 to 19.91

clancy ain't beating that

Comment

The 1974 vintage DQ gets onto almost any 4 x 200 team (20.07 (+0.4) in Zurich. Kick an all-time great off the team in favour of a Spearmon, Baptiste or Williams??? Outrageous, sir!!

Comment

wally's 19.65 is pretty damn good & it was set in daewoo stadium which will hold '11 wc - i can certainly see him mowing down quarrie in the stretch

baptist ran 19.96 only a decade after quarrie's best of 20.06 - easily comparable times like we can compare times today with those in '98 - he was damn unlucky to be around in King's year & only really had 1 good season, but what a season !

bernard ?

after ostrava in '04 i'd have favoured him to have won the 200 title - 20.01pb in athens was a severe underperformance considering he'd run 20.03 in ostrava off a shit bend & hunted the zebra down - you're getting guys like chundy & ndure running 19.8s recently ( & quite honestly, they have about as much innate ability as bernard had in his little toe ) - it's actually criminal bernard didn't at very least produce such clockings in '04 - zebra kicked on from early season in '04, but unfortunately ernard didn't

his unluckiest moment though was probably '00 trials where he finished a tantalising 4th in about 20.1 - & if he'd just managed to sneak the 3rd there, i can imagine he'd have made a better job than floyd in sydney & certainly good for <20.1 in the final & maybe touch-n-go v kenteris

Comment

lane

3.USC...Don Quarrie...Clancy Edwards..James Sanford...Mel Patton
                              4..Houston...Kirk Baptiste...Leroy Burrell...Joe DeLoach...Carl Lewis
                              5.San Jose State...John Carlos...R.R.Smith..Ray Norton..Tommie Smith

Carlos gives SJS a meter on USC/Quarrie, Hous/Baptiste another meter back

Burrell quickly erases that. He'll give Houston a meter over USC/Edwards with SJS/Smith two meters down.

DeLoach adds a little leaving USC/Sanford about three meters down, SJS/Norton are a solid five meters behind Houston.

At the final exchange it's all about Carl Lewis and Houston. Mel Patton is losing ground with each str.........hmm.....The Jet is starting to make a move. He blows by Patton as if he were running backwards. Next up...Carl Lewis. With 25 meters to go, Tommie "The Jet:" is a meter down. Lewis knows he's in trouble. With 10 meters to go Tommie looks over and smiles at a shocked Carl Lewis, then another gear shift and...zooommmm....San Jose State wins it!!!!!!!

Hey my thread, my race :lol:

After the smoke cleared, Mel Patton was heard to say..."this sure ain't 1948...huh?"

Comment

Working...
                              X