Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Decker Question

I just noticed on this world age group record list ( http://dominique.100free.com/ ) that they have Mary Decker running an indoor 4:40.1 in 1973 in Richmond, Calif. I grew up in Richmond and was not aware of any indoor track in town. We used to go watch indoor meets at the Oakland Coliseum and the Cow Palace in SF, but Richmond?? Location error or secret Richmond indoor track?

I don't remember the Decker performance, but I know that in 1973, there was an indoor dual meet between the US and the USSR in Richmond . . . Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
      I don't remember the Decker performance, but I know that in 1973, there was an indoor dual meet between the US and the USSR in Richmond . . . Virginia.
      As stated, indoor meet in mid March, USA vs. USSR. In the mile, Decker came third with 4:40.1, Pangelova second at 4:38.7 and Bragina the winner with the same time. If this was a one day meet (March 16?), Pangelova and Bragina ran fast times over two miles on the same day (10:12.0 and 10:12.2, respectively).

Taken from WTFW, vol. 7, nos. 3/4.

Comment

Richmond CA, Richmond VA, what's the difference??

Comment

I guess about 2,400 miles.

Comment

I've never been to Richmond VA but it HAS to be a nicer place than Richmond CA!

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
              I've never been to Richmond VA but it HAS to be a nicer place than Richmond CA!
              Vladimir Yashchenko sure liked it there.

Comment

Working...
              X