Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '88 Olympic Trials Results?

Does anyone know where I can find comprehensive results from the 1988 US Olympic Trials. Am I understanding correctly that in '88 the Trials were a separate meet from the national championships? Specifically, I'm looking for a list of entrants and detailed results of the men's 400m and 400m hurdles.

I was in Indianapolis for those trials and I remember how hot it was. It was a great meet.
    The men's 400 final was run on July 20, 1988. It rained a lot that day and I believe it was a bit cooler and windy for this final.

1. Butch Reynolds 43.93
    2. Danny Everett 43.98
    3. Steve Lewis 44.37
    4. Kevin Robinzine 44.61
    5. Antonio McKay 44.79
    6. Andrew Valmon 44.91
    7. Clarence Daniel 45.37
    8. Roddie Haley 45.85

The men's 400 hurdles was run July 17, 1988.

1. Edwin Moses 47.37
    2. Andre Phillips 47.58
    3. Kevin Young 47.72
    4. Dave Patrick 47.75
    5. Danny Harris 47.76
    6. Tranel Hawkins 48.65
    7. Kevin Henderson 49.28
    8. Pat McGhee 49.32

How many times have you seen five runners under 48.00 in one race?
    This was an excellent meet.

Comment

Re: '88 Olympic Trials Results?

Originally posted by Grasshopper
      Does anyone know where I can find comprehensive results from the 1988 US Olympic Trials. Am I understanding correctly that in '88 the Trials were a separate meet from the national championships? Specifically, I'm looking for a list of entrants and detailed results of the men's 400m and 400m hurdles.
      Grasshopper, from my days on the TAC Press Box crew, just so happens I have a copy of the complete results (but will not have all the entrants - only those who competed). E-mail me at [email protected] and give me a FAX # and I'll send the results of those 2 events to you.

Comment

Can be found here too.
        http://www.usatf.org/statistics/champio ... Trials.pdf

Comment

Re: '88 Olympic Trials Results?

Originally posted by Grasshopper
          Am I understanding correctly that in '88 the Trials were a separate meet from the national championships?
          That's correct. And that was the last time there was a separate national championship meet in an Olympic year.

Comment

Was 1988 in Tampa the last separate National Championship?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                OK, I'm officially P-O'd!

How long has this book been online? And why hasn't USATF told us about it?

I bought the book (twice). I lost my first copy (gave it to someone and forgot who I lent it too.)

I've been nagging and nagging and nagging USATF to install a search engine on usatf.org for years. It would take all of 10 seconds.

See how easy it is:
                http://www.google.com/coop/cse/

When will USATF get a clue that hiding stuff like this is idiotic, dumb and stupid?

K E N
                K E N

Comment

Does anyone know where I can buy this Oly Trials book? Or does USATF keep that a secret too?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrower
                    Does anyone know where I can buy this Oly Trials book? Or does USATF keep that a secret too?
                    I think it's on-line because it was not put into print this year.

Comment

thanks.....

Comment

Working...
                      X