Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 Today

We've celebrated her birthday here before and today (Tuesday) she turns 47 years old. She still holds the world record in her event and in the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics she took the silver medal. She lost the gold medal that year by five points, but came back four years later to win in a new world record. Who is our birthday athlete today?

Re: 47 Today

Originally posted by Double R Bar
    We've celebrated her birthday here before and today (Tuesday) she turns 47 years old. She still holds the world record in her event and in the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics she took the silver medal. She lost the gold medal that year by five points, but came back four years later to win in a
    new world record. Who is our birthday athlete today?
    My answer is Jackie Joyner-Kersee.

Comment

double, your "5 points" reference made this question too easy !

Comment

Of course it's Jackie Joyner-Kersee. Nice job ralmcg and happy 47th birthday today to Jackie Joyner-Kersee. If you were in Seoul back in 1988 and saw Jackie compete in the heptathlon and the long jump, you were very fortunate.

Comment

I have been fortunate to work many JJK long jump competitions.. the only jumper I ever knew who would try to assist smoothing out the displaced sand after a jump... kinda pointless but a characteristically humble gesture by a classy lady..

Comment

As an aside, Sabine Everts would have won in LA under the revised scoring tables - an interesting aside from the perspective that she 'only' finished third, and not second.

Comment

Working...
            X