Billy Olson revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Olson revisited

Interesting feature on Olson in ACU student newspaper.

http://media.www.acuoptimist.com/media/ ... 0640.shtml

he was a great athlete, makes me wonder if he could have had success as a decathlete. Probably could be said of every elite PVer.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Even more interesting, maybe, is who wrote the story :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by gm
        Easy for you to say!

Comment

Just goes to show that not all foreign athletes are devoid of English skills

Comment

I once spilled a beer on Billy Olson at a place called The Upstairs Club in Abilene. I beleive he was drinking a soda :lol:
            Secondly, due to a misunderstanding, I found myself briefly a guest in the Taylor County jail. I was removed from the premises by a guy named Don "The Lawman" Slatton, who worked with Olson's father.
            The stories are both true, but unrelated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
              Originally posted by gm
              Easy for you to say!
              I think they are postulating a relationship to Aurele Vandendriessche - Boston Marathon Champion twice (1963-64) and former WR holder over 30km.

Comment

Camille Vandendriessche was the '07 NCAA II decathlon champ for Abilene Christian. PR of 7559 at Texas Relays last year. Since he's French, that makes his title of "copy editor" interesting indeed. Aurèle was Belgian. (not that that entirely wipes out possibility of a relationship, Vandendriessche being the equivalent of Smith in those parts :-) )

Comment

Working...
                X