Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixth in Olympics

This athlete celebrates his 53rd birthday today (Wednesday). At one time he held the world record in his event. He made two Olympic teams and finished sixth in both meets. His last name has a lot to do with the current economic situation. Who is our birthday athlete today?

Willie Banks!

Comment

Very good jeremyp! It is Willie Banks who is turning 53 years old today. Does that make you feel old? I did not see his world record. Anyone out there see Willie's world record?

Comment

Originally posted by Double R Bar
        Very good jeremyp! It is Willie Banks who is turning 53 years old today. Does that make you feel old? I did not see his world record. Anyone out there see Willie's world record?
        I did !

Comment

Me, too.

Comment

I didn't see it but I do remember Bruce Jenner teasing Banks about Conley's 18.17 as they were commenting at the 92 games. "Oh Willey, oh Willey, Willey, Willey." Until Banks quickly told us it was wind aided, barely 2.1.
            .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-lZLCN2_SU

Comment

Only 53? Is he still alive? If not we can start a cult.

Comment

He's very much alive.

Comment

I believe he lives in Southern California, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Comment

I believe he lives in Southern California, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
                    Lives in Carlsbad, a coastal town a half-hour north of San Diego.

K E N
                    K E N

Comment

[quote=Conor Dary]
                      Originally posted by "Double R Bar":2enuhldr
                      Only 53? Is he still alive? If not we can start a cult.[/quote:2enuhldr]

He'd better be alive. He just got named to the USATF Board of Directors. :wink:

Comment

i was on a tram back from the athens olympic stadium after spectating some of the mens 100 heat sthere, and the jumps were on, and some guys were asking who he was because he had a pass on and he was explaining who he was and what he did and they just seemed so unintersted felt sorry for him

Comment

Originally posted by LSR
                          i was on a tram back from the athens olympic stadium after spectating some of the mens 100 heat sthere, and the jumps were on, and some guys were asking who he was because he had a pass on and he was explaining who he was and what he did and they just seemed so unintersted felt sorry for him
                          Reminds me of the time I was getting on a plane in Edmonton-post WC's in 2001-and Mike Conley and I were doing that "who goes first" dance in the aisle, and I said: "after you Mr. Conley." He looked surprised anyone knew who he was, but pleased at the same time. I imagine TF stars get that all the time. Of course it might not have been Conley and his look might have meant "say what?" ops:

Comment

[quote=Halfmiler2]
                            Originally posted by Conor Dary
                            Originally posted by "Double R Bar":1dx5203f
                            He'd better be alive. He just got named to the USATF Board of Directors. :wink:[/quote:1dx5203f]

Really very funny !!! :lol: :roll: :lol:
                            Willie BANKS was THE showman of the 80s' , a fresh sunshine like a Usain BOLT nowadays.

Comment

[quote=Halfmiler2]
                              Originally posted by Conor Dary
                              Originally posted by "Double R Bar":14vov93h
                              He'd better be alive. He just got named to the USATF Board of Directors. :wink:[/quote:14vov93h]

Really very funny !!! :lol: :roll: :lol:
                              Willie BANKS was THE showman of the 80s' , a fresh sunshine like a Usain BOLT nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X