Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Lurie, R.I.P.

Steve Lurie died of natural causes at the age of 69 in Tucson on March 6th. His obituary may be found at :

http://www.northjersey.com/obituaries/

If you are reading this board and from New Jersey or the NYC Metropolitan area, then you probably knew Steve. If not, you missed a real friend of the sport.

Steve served in many capacities: journalist, coach, and entrepreneur. The obit missed his ownership of an athletic store giving runners jobs for a time, and his track club activities. Outside our sport, he served as the public relations person for the Women's Tennis Tour at one point. In recent years, he had retired to Arizona but was active there. He is probably best remembered for his Five-Star Running Camp held each summer in August.

All-in-all, he was a one-of-a-kind guy who gave much to our sport. He will be missed.

Services for Steve will be held on Thursday, March 26th at Boulevard-Riverside Chapels, located at 1450 Broadway, Hewlett, NY 11557 (Long Island) from 10 AM to 12:30 PM at which time the procession will drive to the cemetary for burial. The phone number is 516-295-3100 .

Comment

Re: Steve Lurie, R.I.P.

deleted

Comment

Working...
      X