4.Frankie Fredericks
      5.Carl Lewis
      6.Joe DeLoach
      7.Shawn Crawford
      8.Justin Gatlin
      9.Francis Obikwelu

No WR holders there
      now tell us which of those haven't won a 200 global
      You're still not getting it.......incredible!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely amazing! I don't know if I should laugh at you or pat you on the head and say..."poor guy :cry: "

DUDE...........sprinters who are multi faceted have done better in the 200m than those who aren't. All those world records/Olympic golds have proven that...fact!!!!!!!!!!! Why the loud....DUH...? You honestly do not understand do you? Wow!

Yes Henry Carr was fast..ok? Cat ran a great 9.3, as did Tommie Smith. Now think, really think...ok? Yes Carr/Smith ran 9.3. Ok ya with me? Now didn't Hayes/Hines run 9.1? Ok let's stop for a minute I don't want you going into shock........hmm...hmm...da da,.. da....ok ya ready? Here we go... Hayes and Hines were faster than Carr and Smith. That is a fact..ok? So how come in the 200m it was Carr and Smith winning the big races and running the faster times? Ok here it comes the grand finale.......Carr and Smith...RAN THE 400 METERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is waaaaay better than cable!
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
          Yes Henry Carr was fast..ok? Cat ran a great 9.3, as did Tommie Smith. Now think, really think...ok? Yes Carr/Smith ran 9.3. Ok ya with me? Now didn't Hayes/Hines run 9.1? Ok let's stop for a minute I don't want you going into shock........hmm...hmm...da da,.. da....ok ya ready? Here we go... Hayes and Hines were faster than Carr and Smith. That is a fact..ok? So how come in the 200m it was Carr and Smith winning the big races and running the faster times? Ok here it comes the grand finale.......Carr and Smith...RAN THE 400 METERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          it appears all those years of getting the door slammed in your head trying to sell door-to-door insurance to sharecroppers has left you soft in the head

as for hayes - you are clearly can't give an answer to what a 9.95 guy with 200 ability shoud run at worst for 200 off that

learn something

a 10-flat guy can run 46+ just off their 100 ability

to run an actual 400 & show just 46+ is embarassing for a 10.00 guy - we already know their 100 ability will get them that - it's cringeworthy to see in a meet & any who do it shoud just stick to a tt in training

don't bother running a 400 in public for a 10.00 flat guy unless you can show 45-flat abilty - that indicates that you have more endurance than the 46+ just off 100 training & have something to show spectators

i hope this isn't too difficult a concept for you to understand but unfortuantely this board doesn't support

crayonvision

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
            it appears all those years of getting the door slammed in your head trying to sell door-to-door insurance to sharecroppers has left you soft in the head

as for hayes - you are clearly can't give an answer to what a 9.95 guy with 200 ability shoud run at worst for 200 off that

learn something

a 10-flat guy can run 46+ just off their 100 ability

to run an actual 400 & show just 46+ is embarassing for a 10.00 guy - we already know their 100 ability will get them that - it's cringeworthy to see in a meet & any who do it shoud just stick to a tt in training

don't bother running a 400 in public for a 10.00 flat guy unless you can show 45-flat abilty - that indicates that you have more endurance than the 46+ just off 100 training & have something to show spectators

i hope this isn't too difficult a concept for you to understand but unfortuantely this board doesn't support

crayonvision
            We don't have a clue what Hayes would have done after rounds of the 100/200 in 64 so stop talking crazy...ok? We saw Hayes lose to Drayton and Stebbins and he also lost to Carr a few times so cool the siliness...ok? Try some facts...ok?

As far as 10.0 guys being able to run in that 46 world you might wanna tell that to sub 10.00 guys...

Carl Lewis....47.01
            Calvin Smith....46.43
            Francis Obikwelu...46.29
            Olapade Adenikin...46.34
            Silvio Leonard...46.34
            Linford Christie...47.75
            Kim Collins...46.93
            Micky Grimes...47.20

You got your butt kicked bro. The reason is I'm dealing in facts and what actually occured while you're off in some galaxy far far away wandering around in the dark. I'd love to toss you a lifeline but you'd probably try to calculate your weight vs the rope length and.......kaboom!

Oh yeah...

Who sold door to door insurance? Wrong as usual! I worked for a magazine and called on it's subscribers with programs available to them. It was...."so you're with..... :lol: That's a hell of a lot different than door to door......trust me!

Bob Hayes does play a role here after all. He was the last sprinter to hold the 200 record who didn't run the 400m. That was how long ago?

Comment

As FDR famously said about some political brawl, " Oh, I just love a good fight ! "

Comment

We don't have a clue what Hayes would have done after rounds of the 100/200 in 64 so stop talking crazy...ok? We saw Hayes lose to Drayton and Stebbins and he also lost to Carr a few times so cool the siliness...ok? Try some facts...ok?
                hayes beat carr in the trial-trials 20.7 to 20.8 after rounds

carr won trials ( no hayes ) in only 20.7 - he improved a lot from trials to og - absolutely no reason why hayes woudn't have dropped a spectacular 200 to destroy his ole 20.5wr in 9.95-shape - see borzov & bolt

hayes wouda done just fine in rounds - jogging the required 21.5/ 21.3 prelims to get to the final with little taken out of him

you seem to have memory problems - a guy who twice ran 20.5wr in the previous year is guaranteed a place in final in that american dominated era

As far as 10.0 guys being able to run in that 46 world you might wanna tell that to sub 10.00 guys...

Carl Lewis....47.01
                Calvin Smith....46.43
                Francis Obikwelu...46.29
                Olapade Adenikin...46.34
                Silvio Leonard...46.34
                Linford Christie...47.75
                Kim Collins...46.93
                Micky Grimes...47.20
                it amazes me how dense you are !?

that is the 46+ off pure 100m ability i espoused...

Who sold door to door insurance? Wrong as usual! I worked for a magazine and called on it's subscribers with programs available to them. It was...."so you're with..... :lol: That's a hell of a lot different than door to door......trust me!
                that's knocking on their door selling insurance with head-damage from door slamming into head

nuff said...

Bob Hayes does play a role here after all. He was the last sprinter to hold the 200 record who didn't run the 400m. That was how long ago?
                because running a 47+ on those dirt tracks off his pure 100 ability served no purpose whatsoever

thank god he didn't run the expected 400 in 47+, otherwise you'd be coming up with the drivel

"hayes tied the 200wr off his 47+ ability !!!"

Comment

hayes beat carr in the trial-trials 20.7 to 20.8 after rounds

carr won trials ( no hayes ) in only 20.7 - he improved a lot from trials to og - absolutely no reason why hayes woudn't have dropped a spectacular 200 to destroy his ole 20.5wr in 9.95-shape - see borzov & bolt

hayes wouda done just fine in rounds - jogging the required 21.5/ 21.3 prelims to get to the final with little taken out of him

you seem to have memory problems - a guy who twice ran 20.5wr in the previous year is guaranteed a place in final in that american dominated era

Carl Lewis....47.01
                  Calvin Smith....46.43
                  Francis Obikwelu...46.29
                  Olapade Adenikin...46.34
                  Silvio Leonard...46.34
                  Linford Christie...47.75
                  Kim Collins...46.93
                  Micky Grimes...47.20
                  it amazes me how dense you are !?

that is the 46+ off pure 100m ability i espoused...

[quote:b1ngoglp]Who sold door to door insurance? Wrong as usual! I worked for a magazine and called on it's subscribers with programs available to them. It was...."so you're with..... :lol: That's a hell of a lot different than door to door......trust me!
                  that's knocking on their door selling insurance with head-damage from door slamming into head

nuff said...

because running a 47+ on those dirt tracks off his pure 100 ability served no purpose whatsoever

thank god he didn't run the expected 400 in 47+, otherwise you'd be coming up with the drivel

"hayes tied the 200wr off his 47+ ability !!!"[/quote:b1ngoglp]

Incredible......sheesh!

When Henry Carr can only run a 20.8..............come on man even you should figure that one out. So Hayes can run a 20.7 after rounds. That proves what?

In case you didn't notice (you didn't notice) those were ..sub--10 guys not blowing the doors off in the 400m.

I hate to break it to ya like this but Carr also ran on dirt tracks.

Obviously you know nothing about the insurance business either. I had what is known in the biz as an.."in". You see the customer knew about us as opposed to what is known as .."cold canvasing"....meaning the customer didn't known us from Adam. Easy to get a sit down interview when you aren't a stranger to them. Now look at all the stuff you learned today. Let me toss one more thing at ya, you never try and sell the wife alone. She will listen and listen and yes yes, sounds good, yes then when it's time to close she will..."let me talk to my husband".....time is $$$$ you just wasted some. Now ya see bro I talk in realities not in what might have beens.....ok?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well all good things must come to an end. It's time for my beauty rest. Now remember this...

Henry Carr
                  Tommie Smith
                  Pietro Mennea
                  MJ
                  Usain Bolt

All ran the 100/200/400 all were Olympic gold medalists and WR holders. I started all this by saying.."when it comes to 200m records it's those multi faceted sprinters who have the advantage." As I leave this thread there has been nothing said that could change those........ facts.

Good night

Comment

When Henry Carr can only run a 20.8..............come on man even you should figure that one out. So Hayes can run a 20.7 after rounds. That proves what?
                    eh ?

carr won trial-trials in 20.7 after rounds

hayes beat carr 20.7 to 20.8 after both ran rounds in proper trials

I hate to break it to ya like this but Carr also ran on dirt tracks
                    eh ?

hayes ran 10.06 on poor lane of that dirt track

maybe 9.95 in lane 4

if you can't click together 2 neurones to understand i'm talking <<20.30 on same dirt track in a mid-lane, where on earth do you think i'm talking about ???

I had what is known in the biz as an.."in". You see the customer knew about us as opposed to what is known as .."cold canvasing"....meaning the customer didn't known us from Adam...
                    eh ?

2 pointers :

glengarry glen ross
                    al pacino : "those f*cking patel customers"
                    get the door-injured head looked at...

All ran the 100/200/400 all were Olympic gold medalists and WR holders. I started all this by saying.."when it comes to 200m records it's those multi faceted sprinters who have the advantage." As I leave this thread there has been nothing said that could change those........ facts
                    nonsense

learn from rudimentary observation :

a 10-flat guy can run 46+ just off his 100

to waste our time demonstrating what we already know they shoud run for 400 shows no 400 background whatsoever or any special "speed-endurance"

Comment

I think eldrick came out fast and had the lead after the first few rounds. But Texas definitely dominated the middle of the fight. In fact, with the Homer Jones argument I thought eldrick was in trouble, almost out on his feet. But true champion that he is, he came back in the late rounds.

The judges' scores are ...

Comment

You mean you really followed all that? :?

Comment

The funny thing about all this/that is that there really isn't anything to argue or debate. Yes every 200m record holder since Henry Carr has ran the 400m to some degree. That is a fact! Hell, everyone knows the 200m is a speed endurance event. Simple common sense tells use a spreedster who also has 400m endurance will have an advantage over a speedster without it in a 200m. Classic example being MJ over faster sprinters like Fredericks and Boldon.

Ok I 've said all I can say about this. Bolt mentioned his 400m work as being the reason for his success. I've heard/read other sprinters say that exact same thing. The longer you can sustain/maintain your max speed the better off you'll be in any sprint. How can that be debated/argued? It can't!

I got into this stuff around 62 or so, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen a guy who is more 200/400/100 whip up on a guy more 60/100/200 in a 200m/220yds. I believe what I see.

eldrick can continue to formulate and speculate all he wants. I prefer....reality!

Comment

I got into this stuff around 62 or so, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen a guy who is more 200/400/100 whip up on a guy more 60/100/200 in a 200m/220yds. I believe what I see
                            i have no idea what meets you have been watching ( i presume the jiminy cricket v brer rabbit duels down your local high school ), but clearly no global ones where conclusions are based

since '68, there have been about 20 global 200 finals with about ~ 15 winners

out of those 15 winners, only 2 have been what coud be categorised as 200/400 guys - mj & kk ( albeit latter was a crap 400 guy, went onto run a 10.15 & likely was a drug cheat at the time & shoudn't even been on a list ! )

so, in effect, out of ~ 15 guys, 1 was a 200/400 guy & the others were 100/200 guys - 14 of them

even to the densenst guy out there a 14 to 1 ratio in favor of 100/200 guys shoud tell you where 200 prowess lies

Comment

I got into this stuff around 62 or so, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen a guy who is more 200/400/100 whip up on a guy more 60/100/200 in a 200m/220yds. I believe what I see
                              i have no idea what meets you have been watching ( i presume the jiminy cricket v brer rabbit duels down your local high school ), but clearly no global ones where conclusions are based

since '68, there have been about 20 global 200 finals with about ~ 15 winners

out of those 15 winners, only 2 have been what coud be categorised as 200/400 guys - mj & kk ( albeit latter was a crap 400 guy, went onto run a 10.15 & likely was a drug cheat at the time & shoudn't even been on a list ! )

so, in effect, out of ~ 15 guys, 1 was a 200/400 guy & the others were 100/200 guys - 14 of them

even to the densenst guy out there a 14 to 1 ratio in favor of 100/200 guys shoud tell you where 200 prowess lies
                              Do you pay attention at all? I didn't mention Henry Carr, Tommie Smith, Pietro Mennea? Ever heard of Larry Black, Mike Marsh, Wallace Spearmon, Xavier Carter, John Regis, Adolph Plummer, Usain Bolt? All of those mentioned ran the 400m/4x4.

Ever talk to a track coach about the 200m? Haven't have you?

Comment

Ever heard of Larry Black, Mike Marsh, Wallace Spearmon, Xavier Carter, John Regis, Adolph Plummer, Usain Bolt?
                                laughable !

i'm not interested in some high-school/college relay team level

tell me how many of them ran 4x400 for their national team in a global or made an individual national trio over 400 ( & how on earth do you get plummer in there ?! the guy never made a 200 final )

clearly your level of "expertise" is high-school & nothing more...

Comment

Working...
                                X